We need a season like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a season like this

Will probably get shot down in flames but if we end the season mid table with a nucleus of players who want to be here and can start next season with JFH getting them fit and mentally right I will be more than satisfied

Compared to the stress of the last 4 seasons we need a season to simply sort ourselves out

We need To offload a few clearly (Sandro and Fer in particular. JET needs to sort himself out, green is as good as gone etc )

A nucleus of Smithies, Ingram ,Robinson, Hall, Ned, Massimo, Chery, Seb, Washington will do for me. I know that's only 10 players but I'd rather this calibre of player rather than some of alleged big names

It makes sense for Matty to go now for 6/7 mill for JFH to invest on 2 or 3 with the right attitude

Hoilett will go on a free I'm sure so width and pace will be a key recruitment drive obviously

I might be alone but genuinely feeling optimistic

Completely agree Mem, top post.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

And me . I posted something similar earlier. I like Jfh a lot on what I've seen so far. He clearly has a really good football brain and when he speaks he shows a level of intelligence that I find impressive. If we are patient, this season will have been successful after all as a building block ( the original intention). We all got a bit carried away last transfer window, hence much of the online bile. Let's hope this window sees more long term strategy in evidence. So far so good.

Comment

Very good thread. Remainder of this season and this tx window should be all about prepping for next season

Comment

Great thread, fully agree. Tbh this is what we were all saying at the start of the season when we expected Austin, Fer, Green, Sandro & Phillips etc to be moved on, but then we somehow kept hold of them and expectations shifted massively. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your viewpoint) we fell short, and we are now doing what we could / should have in the summer and getting ourselves back to a level that more suits us as a club, in terms of players.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
            Will probably get shot down in flames but if we end the season mid table with a nucleus of players who want to be here and can start next season with JFH getting them fit and mentally right I will be more than satisfied

Compared to the stress of the last 4 seasons we need a season to simply sort ourselves out

We need To offload a few clearly (Sandro and Fer in particular. JET needs to sort himself out, green is as good as gone etc )

A nucleus of Smithies, Ingram ,Robinson, Hall, Ned, Massimo, Chery, Seb, Washington will do for me. I know that's only 10 players but I'd rather this calibre of player rather than some of alleged big names

It makes sense for Matty to go now for 6/7 mill for JFH to invest on 2 or 3 with the right attitude

Hoilett will go on a free I'm sure so width and pace will be a key recruitment drive obviously

Still think we can make the play offs we need to win 6 or 7 games on the trot but is unlikely but not impossible.

Must play this team though.

.................................................. ........Smithers

.....Mackie............................Chief...... ...........................Hall................... .........kpekawa

.................................................S andro..........................Massimo

Phillips......................Chery............... .......Connor.................................hoil et

.................................................. ..........BFG

Comment

Nice try mate but not sure we would be allowed to field 12 players

Also, what evidence is there Kpekawa is up to Championship football? Also, the new striker playing CM?

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
                Still think we can make the play offs we need to win 6 or 7 games on the trot but is unlikely but not impossible.

.....Mackie............................Chief...... ...........................Hall................... .........kpekawa

.................................................S andro..........................Massimo

Phillips......................Chery............... .......Connor.................................hoil et

Might win 6 or 7 on the trot with 12 players I suppose

Comment

Think we are best off missing out on play offs we are not equipped to go up this season. Let Jimmy build this summer and have a bash next season. Of course I would take another Wembley day out but I really don't think we will get near it this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Think we are best off missing out on play offs we are not equipped to go up this season. Let Jimmy build this summer and have a bash next season. Of course I would take another Wembley day out but I really don't think we will get near it this season.
                    No way are we making play offs. We will finish 10th or 11th I think.

Comment

No Washington?

Comment

'Connor' Washington blue mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          'Connor' Washington blue mate.
                          what a ####, i totally missed that

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Your going to be chuffed for the next few years then as we won't be going anywhere for a long long time
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Never said for a long time - just said this season! Funny how things get twisted

Comment

Working...
                              X