Tactics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics??

I didn't think we were awful today actually don't think that about us generally. However I do fear tactics wise something is very wrong.

After half time some near me started to moan about Fer, however it seemed him and Hoilet had swapped positions. Fer looked absolutely lost on the left and Hoilet the same. This for me damaged our whole play.

Then you look at Wolves only real damage for most of the game... The right wing? Now we may all agree our left back isn't our strongest defender but he seemed much of the game and more after the switch at half time to be battling two players and to add their best players.

Surely JFH noticed this?

For me today tactics stopped us winning as man for man we are the better team.

I thought we coped with Wolves comfortably apart from right wing as you state. Draw was fair but other the. Double deflection we win

With 30mins left double or treble sub was needed to switch things up as we were labouring. New blood might have given us a spring

Comment

Agree , I feel Washington came on too late

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I thought we coped with Wolves comfortably apart from right wing as you state. Draw was fair but other the. Double deflection we win

With 30mins left double or treble sub was needed to switch things up as we were labouring. New blood might have given us a spring
        Did you leave at half-time?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

This.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Did you leave at half-time?
            No done 90mins + added time. Did you chip early??

Most the game from my perspective was played in the middle of the park with the back four lumping it long to mix it up. They created one or two decent opportunities as did we

Not a great spectacle but not one sided like I assume your trying to suggest Crick

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
              Agree , I feel Washington came on too late
              100%.

The guy is fit, chomping at the bit to make an impression in front of home fans in a winnable game. Give him a half hour. What's he gonna do in 8 minutes? The one time he touched the ball he almost made a goal.

Comment

Jimmy saying he's seriously considering playing Denzil and the BFG together up front,.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Jimmy saying he's seriously considering playing Denzil and the BFG together up front,.
                  I like that
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I've given JFH some criticism before, but in fairness yesterday (first half especially) I could see the style he was trying to implement. We were pressing high up the pitch which was good to see. Second half we went to pot a bit though I thought. What is it with us and not being able to play 2 halves!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      I've given JFH some criticism before, but in fairness yesterday (first half especially) I could see the style he was trying to implement. We were pressing high up the pitch which was good to see. Second half we went to pot a bit though I thought. What is it with us and not being able to play 2 halves!
                      Can ever play two halves and our subs never score important goals and miss absolute sitters is our standard ain't it matty mate

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Can ever play two halves and our subs never score important goals and miss absolute sitters is our standard ain't it matty mate
                        Seems that way mate. Can't believe Chery didn't put that away, when Denzel (stealing that haha) cut that ball back I was already celebrating, thought it had to be a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          The BFG looks good at pressing and pressurizing players, if all eleven on the pitch kept this up for a full 90+ minutes who knows how many we could win. But are there any teams anywhere in the leagues fit enough to implement this consistently?

Comment

Working...
                          X