Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today

Many thanks to smarkets and the mods myu etc for the tickets today.

It was hassle free picking them up. I arrived two minutes late and guess what I just missed the goal. Mind you not a bad way to enter the SA stand, joining a goal celebration!

So we took our seats, saw a few regular faces and the game looked to be off to a good start.

What do i reckon, Phillips looked ok, not someone who seems desperate to leave. Their right wing was quality, he kept roasting Konchesky and looked good every time he broke away. Maybe the club could look at this fella if Phillips goes.

I cant say we looked that dangerous on the attack, Polter is strong and good at holding and hassling. Also decent when he gets on the wing. We don't seem to get enough high crosses in for him.

Second half no real threat. Wolves looked more likely to nick it. Their equalizer was pure bad luck, an absolute killer.

JFH could have given longer to Chery and the new lad Washington, as soon as they came on we looked dangerous, but all a bit late. The lay off to Chery was good, was ready to go ballistic for the winner, but the post grew wider all of a sudden!

All in all a draw was fair. We were unlucky for their equalizer and the near winner at the end. Could've won if the rub of the green had gone our way.

I see a potentially more dangerous rangers with the new kid and Polter, Chery for me has to either start or be given longer on the pitch, not 10 minutes.

Thanks again for the tickets, Gold seats in SA Road B Block.

I liked Wolves anti Sky TV songs, they will go home the happier fans today.

For us not all doom and gloom, need a few more wins at home though very soon.

No problems Ed, glad you both enjoyed the game.

I do agree about the subs, think the last one was a little to late.

If Chery had more game time think it would've been a goal, he was trying too hard to win his place back last few games and this is what happens.

I would love to see Chery, Polter and Washington play together longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
      Many thanks to smarkets and the mods myu etc for the tickets today.

It was hassle free picking them up. I arrived two minutes late and guess what I just missed the goal. Mind you not a bad way to enter the SA stand, joining a goal celebration!

So we took our seats, saw a few regular faces and the game looked to be off to a good start.

What do i reckon, Phillips looked ok, not someone who seems desperate to leave. Their right wing was quality, he kept roasting Konchesky and looked good every time he broke away. Maybe the club could look at this fella if Phillips goes.

I cant say we looked that dangerous on the attack, Polter is strong and good at holding and hassling. Also decent when he gets on the wing. We don't seem to get enough high crosses in for him.

Second half no real threat. Wolves looked more likely to nick it. Their equalizer was pure bad luck, an absolute killer.

JFH could have given longer to Chery and the new lad Washington, as soon as they came on we looked dangerous, but all a bit late. The lay off to Chery was good, was ready to go ballistic for the winner, but the post grew wider all of a sudden!

All in all a draw was fair. We were unlucky for their equalizer and the near winner at the end. Could've won if the rub of the green had gone our way.

I see a potentially more dangerous rangers with the new kid and Polter, Chery for me has to either start or be given longer on the pitch, not 10 minutes.

Thanks again for the tickets, Gold seats in SA Road B Block.

I liked Wolves anti Sky TV songs, they will go home the happier fans today.

For us not all doom and gloom, need a few more wins at home though very soon.
      What were they singing?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        No problems Ed, glad you both enjoyed the game.

I do agree about the subs, think the last one was a little to late.

If Chery had more game time think it would've been a goal, he was trying too hard to win his place back last few games and this is what happens.

I would love to see Chery, Polter and Washington play together longer.
        exactly this

Comment

Thanks for the write up Ed, glad you had a good day out, even though you missed the goal!!

We appreciate you reporting back on the experience because in the past we have had competition winners that haven't even acknowledged that they bothered to turn up. Perhaps that's a Northern thing

Sponge, the Wolves anti Sky songs were - We (sweary type words) don't like Sky (slightly paraphrased) and Saturday, 3 o'clock (to the tune of say, Premier League, you're 'avin a larf)

Note to all, there might be more tickets from smarkets and WATRB for you to win and we really want everyone to be in with a chance of winning them, so watch out for future threads on the give aways
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Thanks for the write up Ed, glad you had a good day out, even though you missed the goal!!

We appreciate you reporting back on the experience because in the past we have had competition winners that haven't even acknowledged that they bothered to turn up. Perhaps that's a Northern thing

Sponge, the Wolves anti Sky songs were - We (sweary type words) don't like Sky (slightly paraphrased) and Saturday, 3 o'clock (to the tune of say, Premier League, you're 'avin a larf)

Note to all, there might be more tickets from smarkets and WATRB for you to win and we really want everyone to be in with a chance of winning them, so watch out for future threads on the give aways
            well done for describing the anti-sky songs, i was struggling to write them without sounding boring. Once again thanks for the freebies.

Comment

Really glad you enjoyed the game Ed, it's nice to get some positive feedback. It seems we may be able to offer more ticket opportunities for posters on here and it makes it all the more enjoyable when a decent person has a great time.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
              X