Lack of quality we have is alarming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    To the OP, matches like this one make me agree, we are really lacking quality at times, long stretches of not being able to get possession at home is not quality!
    Very frustrating to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Lucky to get a point? Mate, we should have had all 3. They did nothing when they had the ball around our box. Just hopeful shots. The quality of chances we had were very good, just too separated and Ikeme had a good game for them.
      Blimey, I think you need to give those rose tinted specs a wipe mate! If it hadn't been for some excellent stops by Smithies, Wolves would have quite rightly won that game. They were the better side for at least 75% of that game. We had a few chances that were not even closed to being converted, apart from Chery's chance near the end and one for Polter soon after he scored. Apart from that, we were disjointed, our passing was very poor and we didn't seem to have a plan. Hoilett was particularly poor today and Fer seems to drift in an out of games. As someone else has said here, Mackie should have featured and Hoilett hoiked off after half time. And JFH left it far too late to make those subs - the first, Chery, was ineffective and Washington didn't get a decent chance with only 10 minutes, but did look good in that cameo. Basically, we're a mess.

However, this is a long term project. I've long ago written this season off. it's all about rebuilding now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        That's the problem isn't it.

Chery should of buried his late chance & Smithies made 3 good saves in a one minute spell, but overall we haven't a player on show who can split a defense with a ball. Luongo to deep for me today too. Should be sitting in the number 10 position.
        nas reckons they were hopeful shots , whatever hopeful shots are

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Blimey, I think you need to give those rose tinted specs a wipe mate! If it hadn't been for some excellent stops by Smithies, Wolves would have quite rightly won that game. They were the better side for at least 75% of that game. We had a few chances that were not even closed to being converted, apart from Chery's chance near the end and one for Polter soon after he scored. Apart from that, we were disjointed, our passing was very poor and we didn't seem to have a plan. Hoilett was particularly poor today and Fer seems to drift in an out of games. As someone else has said here, Mackie should have featured and Hoilett hoiked off after half time. And JFH left it far too late to make those subs - the first, Chery, was ineffective and Washington didn't get a decent chance with only 10 minutes, but did look good in that cameo. Basically, we're a mess.

However, this is a long term project. I've long ago written this season off. it's all about rebuilding now.
          good post mate , young nas must of watched a different game

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            wolves kep't the ball well but did little with it , we were shocking today and lucky to get a point. washington should have been given at least 30 mins he looked good . would have brought on mackie as he's a pest and would have chased their defenders down , phillips and fer in and out of the game to often . hoilett needs to learn to try and stay on his feet
            This comes up every weekend. The timing off his substitutions are diobolocal at times
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              good post mate , young nas must of watched a different game
              He always does. Wolves cleaned our clock today. The appalling use of subs is th mark of a clueless person. Mackie on the left or right could have paid dividends.

Comment

Got some grafters on the side. Got some experience, got some youth too, but the lack of genuine quality is frightening. Hoilett & Phillips the obvious names you expect when talking about talent & although both had ok games today, they should be ripping this league apart. Fer also.

I really hope we are looking at players who can unlock defences and play decent passes as some of the football today was really poor. Played better, better organised but just got nothing about us.

Smithies fantastic.
                Totally agree. Thought perch delivered in the first half. Smithies was decent all game. Still can't see what all fuss is with luongo... Couple decent touches early on but wasn't sure he came back out for the second half. Fer flatters every game but rarely delivers. Imo we need to go 4-4-2 so that no one can have a stroll about in midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                  Totally agree. Thought perch delivered in the first half. Smithies was decent all game. Still can't see what all fuss is with luongo... Couple decent touches early on but wasn't sure he came back out for the second half. Fer flatters every game but rarely delivers. Imo we need to go 4-4-2 so that no one can have a stroll about in midfield.
                  If only, think this could surprise the club.

Comment

We just can't keep the ball and rhythm the game. Fer tries it but is too slow and looses possession far too easily. Luongo has energy but can't boss the midfield. Henry shouldn't start home games. His first touch is always backwards and kills our attacking opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                      Agree with this, although I do rate Luongo. The only creative player in a hoops(ish) top today. If only we had a couple of decent wingers he could feed.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It goes back to what I originally said mate. No quality. A team with quality can unlock sides who change tactics. We just stay with plan A and that's it for us.
                        I dont think it's a lack of technical quality I think it's more a case of a lack of application and this is where JFH has got his work cut out in getting that through to the players

Comment

I think most of our players have good technical ability (quality for those with a limited vocabulary). It's a question of getting those players, particularly the likes of Fer and Philips, to use their talents (quality) for the benefit of the team. There's no question they can unlock the opposition, just that for some reason, they're not doing it.

Are they under particular orders from the manager, or are they as disinterested as the crowd is these days?
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            I think most of our players have good technical ability (quality for those with a limited vocabulary). It's a question of getting those players, particularly the likes of Fer and Philips, to use their talents (quality) for the benefit of the team. There's no question they can unlock the opposition, just that for some reason, they're not doing it.

Are they under particular orders from the manager, or are they as disinterested as the crowd is these days?
                            Phillips wants away and Fer is just massively over rated

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              I think if they walked out of there with all 3 points it wouldn't have been terribly unfair, Smithies had to make at least 2 excellent saves, of course Chery should have scored to give us all 3 near the end but Wolves easily could have won this, a draw was about right I suppose!
                              This!!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X