Lack of quality we have is alarming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of quality we have is alarming

Got some grafters on the side. Got some experience, got some youth too, but the lack of genuine quality is frightening. Hoilett & Phillips the obvious names you expect when talking about talent & although both had ok games today, they should be ripping this league apart. Fer also.

I really hope we are looking at players who can unlock defences and play decent passes as some of the football today was really poor. Played better, better organised but just got nothing about us.

Smithies fantastic.

Ravel Morrison

Comment

Absolutely spot on.

Hoilett, Fer & Sandro need to go this window to make way.

Comment

wolves kep't the ball well but did little with it , we were shocking today and lucky to get a point. washington should have been given at least 30 mins he looked good . would have brought on mackie as he's a pest and would have chased their defenders down , phillips and fer in and out of the game to often . hoilett needs to learn to try and stay on his feet

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Got some grafters on the side. Got some experience, got some youth too, but the lack of genuine quality is frightening. Hoilett & Phillips the obvious names you expect when talking about talent & although both had ok games today, they should be ripping this league apart. Fer also.

I really hope we are looking at players who can unlock defences and play decent passes as some of the football today was really poor. Played better, better organised but just got nothing about us.

Smithies fantastic.
          No need to worry mate. A few more league 1 and league 2 players then we will be in the top 6 before you can say bullshyte
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            wolves kep't the ball well but did little with it , we were shocking today and lucky to get a point. washington should have been given at least 30 mins he looked good . would have brought on mackie as he's a pest and would have chased their defenders down , phillips and fer in and out of the game to often . hoilett needs to learn to try and stay on his feet
            Lucky to get a point? Mate, we should have had all 3. They did nothing when they had the ball around our box. Just hopeful shots. The quality of chances we had were very good, just too separated and Ikeme had a good game for them.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We are a lot better on paper than grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                Ravel Morrison
                Yep
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  We are a lot better on paper than grass.
                  That's the problem isn't it.

Chery should of buried his late chance & Smithies made 3 good saves in a one minute spell, but overall we haven't a player on show who can split a defense with a ball. Luongo to deep for me today too. Should be sitting in the number 10 position.

Comment

Thought today was by far our best performance for quite some time, am quite pleased. Problem today was we did very well in the first half and not so good in the second, had it been the other way around people would be happier as most games are based just on the 2nd half performance and people tend to forget or write of the 1st.

We closed them down excellently in the 1st half and looked by far the better side without creating many clear cut chances, either Wolves changed tactics or we tired in the 2nd and they were on top then.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                      Thought today was by far our best performance for quite some time, am quite pleased. Problem today was we did very well in the first half and not so good in the second, had it been the other way around people would be happier as most games are based just on the 2nd half performance and people tend to forget or write of the 1st.

We closed them down excellently in the 1st half and looked by far the better side without creating many clear cut chances, either Wolves changed tactics or we tired in the 2nd and they were on top then.
                      It goes back to what I originally said mate. No quality. A team with quality can unlock sides who change tactics. We just stay with plan A and that's it for us.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Lucky to get a point? Mate, we should have had all 3. They did nothing when they had the ball around our box. Just hopeful shots. The quality of chances we had were very good, just too separated and Ikeme had a good game for them.
                        I think if they walked out of there with all 3 points it wouldn't have been terribly unfair, Smithies had to make at least 2 excellent saves, of course Chery should have scored to give us all 3 near the end but Wolves easily could have won this, a draw was about right I suppose!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          It goes back to what I originally said mate. No quality. A team with quality can unlock sides who change tactics. We just stay with plan A and that's it for us.
                          I'm not disagreeing but there are signs of improvement, things aren't going to change overnight and you can only work with the players you have. We know we have created very little for a long time now.

Comment

To the OP, matches like this one make me agree, we are really lacking quality at times, long stretches of not being able to get possession at home is not quality!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              I'm not disagreeing but there are signs of improvement, things aren't going to change overnight and you can only work with the players you have. We know we have created very little for a long time now.
                              Bring back Taarabt

Comment

Working...
                              X