No announcement yet.

Extra training....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing confirmed from any source about this training fiasco just yet, so wont rip into people until it has been.

Related to this, its not a great time in the year to be working on fitness. Games coming thick and fast, which means they need rest days and then days to work on tactics for the game. As much as people want it, it is pointless to just spend a day on fitness and send them off running for the day.

Get through this season, then in pre season JFH can address these type of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Bunch of prima donnas. Would have them training 8 hours a day whilst wearing lead boots, personally.
      This. And this issue; QPR and training has been a problem for many years under difference managers now. To me this proves that something is hoorible wrong within the Club. This is why we have to support JFH, Sir Les and CR now. One extra hour of a progressive kind of training a day is a key-factor which in the long run will benefit us and makes us more competetive in the long run. Look at i.e. Leicester and Burnley when it comes to workrate and creativity. It could be that we are slowly getting there..Just my opinion.
      Last edited by Shania; 13-01-2016, 11:34 AM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        Nothing confirmed from any source about this training fiasco just yet, so wont rip into people until it has been.

Related to this, its not a great time in the year to be working on fitness. Games coming thick and fast, which means they need rest days and then days to work on tactics for the game. As much as people want it, it is pointless to just spend a day on fitness and send them off running for the day.

Get through this season, then in pre season JFH can address these type of issues.
        This depends on how these ssessions are organised etc. Aren´t top athlets supposed to be fit?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          This depends on how these ssessions are organised etc. Aren´t top athlets supposed to be fit?
          obviously. Not something you can work massively on mid season though. This is what pre-season is for. Also doesnt matter how fit 2,3,4 players are, its the system and style of play and needs the whole team to work together.

I dont think we concede goals late on because of fitness though.

Comment

If Jimmy's idea is for us to be one of the fittest sides in the division under him, then I'm all for it . The fitness levels at QPR have been a disgrace for years. Run ya barstewards!!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Personally like the sound of this. JFH playing hard ball and exerting his authority. We need our players to be fitter and hungrier. If some of the pussies don't like it they can go do one. Add this to the last minute bench changes we have started to see and could be the start of something to change the malaise we have got into over the last few years.

As the saying goes sometimes things have to get worse before they get better for meaningful change to happen.

Gather a decent performance last night. If that can be carried into next few games we should start to pick up wins.

Treat 'em mean Jimmy! It's for their own good.
              This.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                obviously. Not something you can work massively on mid season though. This is what pre-season is for. Also doesnt matter how fit 2,3,4 players are, its the system and style of play and needs the whole team to work together.

I dont think we concede goals late on because of fitness though.
                Ok, I disagree. But I respect you stance on this issue!
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

I love it how we are on post #42 in this thread and not a source has been mentioned!! Cracking stuff!

Ginge, by chance was this a limo driving relative who had the good fortune to hear Sandra vent some steam to him on his way to training?
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                    I love it how we are on post #42 in this thread and not a source has been mentioned!! Cracking stuff!

Ginge, by chance was this a limo driving relative who had the good fortune to hear Sandra vent some steam to him on his way to training?
                    Nope, just a couple of mates who went last night told me. Just passing on what I'd heard.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Stupid comment. So because Sandro has a history of injuries that means it's perfectly fine for him to throw a tantrum and storm off when he is named on the bench?
                      No it's not, sorry I was replying to why some players may miss extra training that is added. Look at the likes of Ledley King who didn't do a great deal of training but was managed to try and get more games out of him. This could be the case with why Sandro isn't doing as much as the others.

Storming off if named on the bench is wrong just as storming off if subbed like Chery did at Fulham is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        It was

They were. We were leading at home until Jay Simpson popped up with a late goal to deny us promotion on the day.

Some things never change.
                        Almost all true, except it wasn't jay Simpson, but a Liverpool loanee who scored for Hull.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Almost all true, except it wasn't jay Simpson, but a Liverpool loanee who scored for Hull.
                          I stand corrected.

I notice that bloody Akpan came on as a sub in that game too.

Comment

Working...
                          X