No announcement yet.

No win for jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give the guy a chance to get the team fit and playing as he wants them to. How many has he lost so far? Not enough wins so far but look at what he has inherited team wise

Comment

• Here's a positive for you - of the current crop of new managers in the Championship (8 in total), JFH has the lowest loss % of them all (25%) !

Comment

• If JFH and his pressing game is leading to players, being too tired in the last 5 minutes to concentrate and play properly then it is the managers fault as he is using tactics that they aren't up to. He needs to train them harder, get them fitter then shift to a more pressing game. I didn't think that Ramsey was right for us in the end, and was relieved when he was sacked, but his kamikaze attacking gave the team a chance to score more than one goal. With JFH you feel that we will never score 5 (like Burnley did yesterday)

Comment

• Originally posted by Southport View Post
          If JFH and his pressing game is leading to players, being too tired in the last 5 minutes to concentrate and play properly then it is the managers fault as he is using tactics that they aren't up to. He needs to train them harder, get them fitter then shift to a more pressing game. I didn't think that Ramsey was right for us in the end, and was relieved when he was sacked, but his kamikaze attacking gave the team a chance to score more than one goal. With JFH you feel that we will never score 5 (like Burnley did yesterday)
          I can understand why you feel like this, but my opinion is that if the players don't play that pressing game in the matches, they won't reach the fitness they need to in order to eventually play it. Ultimately, we need to go through this phase of late tiredness in order to properly drill the players in this style. The fact is that we've lost 5 possible big results (4 wins and a draw against hull) because of late f ck ups and while it is frustrating to see it happen, I'd much rather see the players pressing and pushing in the intelligent way JFH has asked them to for 80 minutes or so, in the knowledge that at some point, they will be able to do more for 90 minutes just like NW did in his first spell here where everyone pressed (when he came back, I saw none of that attacking verve with sound defence that I saw the first time). This phase is a transition period and it will take longer than 8 games to right the wrongs of the last 4 years or so since NW got us fit.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Nowinny Floyd Hasselbaink.

I'll get me coat........

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I can understand why you feel like this, but my opinion is that if the players don't play that pressing game in the matches, they won't reach the fitness they need to in order to eventually play it. Ultimately, we need to go through this phase of late tiredness in order to properly drill the players in this style. The fact is that we've lost 5 possible big results (4 wins and a draw against hull) because of late f ck ups and while it is frustrating to see it happen, I'd much rather see the players pressing and pushing in the intelligent way JFH has asked them to for 80 minutes or so, in the knowledge that at some point, they will be able to do more for 90 minutes just like NW did in his first spell here where everyone pressed (when he came back, I saw none of that attacking verve with sound defence that I saw the first time). This phase is a transition period and it will take longer than 8 games to right the wrongs of the last 4 years or so since NW got us fit.
              Then why play 3/4 players who we are trying to offload.

If we ha e to go through this phase why don't we give match time o the youngsters we brought and get them up to speed with their fitness and the intensity jfh wants to play rather than getting players ready who don't want to be here and will be sold to another club soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Then why play 3/4 players who we are trying to offload.

If we ha e to go through this phase why don't we give match time o the youngsters we brought and get them up to speed with their fitness and the intensity jfh wants to play rather than getting players ready who don't want to be here and will be sold to another club soon?
                Who are we trying to offload that are playing regularly under Jimmy Maids?

Comment

• Fer, hoilett, phillips!!

They either go this window or the summer.

So might as well get luongo and chery playing who are going to be here long term imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Fer, hoilett, phillips!!

They either go this window or the summer.

So might as well get luongo and chery playing who are going to be here long term imo.
                    Take Phillips and Hoilett out of the team and we will lack any pace going forward. Maybe he has no choice but to play them as they are the only real attackers in the squad with pace and that is how he likes to play? Also Chery is a strange one, even Warnock the saviour didnt play him so maybe he's not as good as the hype that followed him in the summer or not up to the pace of championship football yet and Jimmy feels Fer offers more atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      not saying he was the answer? we we won under him something JFH has failed to do yet in 8 attempts and I bow to your greater knowledge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Well clearly you are saying he is the answer? haha - What else would you be insinuating??

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        Judging from the results and performances during his spell as advisor and caretaker manager, he would have kept this team in the top half this season and maybe , just maybe flirted with the play-offs as opposed to dropping into a relegation battle.

Warnock was not the long term answer, but from what we have seen in the last 8 games, JFH is not either.

Yes the players maybe unfit, in which case I will ask why did he wait until the 88th minute to bring on a sub? he did the same at Ipswich. I guess we should be thankful they got a point last night!
                        If you wanted Warnock to stay til the end of the season then you are a fan that likes short-term-ism. This point is proven further by judging a managers longevity in a job by 8 games, with a team he has inherited from a previous manager.

Again.. lack of real footballing, sensible knowledge on here. It's quite tiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Here's a positive for you - of the current crop of new managers in the Championship (8 in total), JFH has the lowest loss % of them all (25%) !
                          Love this stat.

Comment

Here's a positive for you - of the current crop of new managers in the Championship (8 in total), JFH has the lowest loss % of them all (25%) !
                            The Other Seven Out!

Comment

Also has a 75% draw rate......best in the division !

Comment

Also has a 75% draw rate......best in the division !
                                Rather draw than lose mate! So I'm OK with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X