Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 21 games left – what is the game plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With 21 games left – what is the game plan?

With relegation last season and with a squad that seemed to be more gelled compared to the last relegation I actually thought that we were going to bounce back quite comfortably. With a striker who bagged over 15 goals in the top flight, in a team that hardly created a chance per game. With a Dutchman who was in the national squad for the world cup in Brazil. And with the sacred Jamie Mackie back in W12 – I thought it was inevitable. We started out with a manager who, in my humble opinion wouldn’t get appointed for a non-league club but has created a name for himself being part in players like Bale’s and Kane’s development. No game plan whatsoever. One striker up front. We begged for another on – we got Fer up top. Something that seemed to be a pale copy of Spain’s 2010 triumph in the World Cup with no strikers up front. Thrashed by Charlton and by Fulham. Held by Cardiff at home, with a 2-0 lead after 60 minutes. We appointed Warnock, who is indeed a legend, but nothing more than a solid Championship manager with huge amounts of success in the division. Steered up things, appointed a new, up and coming manager with a short but successful CV – a brave choice? Since I live overseas, my first game this season was against Hull, and that was some of the worst games I’ve witnessed. That being said, I have watched a few of our most humiliating ones. When I listened and the day after, watched the highlights after the Brighton game – the torch of hope was lit for the first time since THAT Wigan game in 2014. But has now faded out indefinitely. With Charlie leaving sometime in the coming 6 months, and Phillips probably too, we are absolutely no threat whatsoever – to ANY opposition. I for one am the optimistic one regarding my beloved team – but now I am utterly disappointed. Our owners truly have love for the club, but has shown over and over again that they seem incapable of running a professional football club. Let us be honest, the last time this club worked was when Amit and Ikshan Saksena(spelling?) was in charge, and back then we even had Briatore and Ecclestone as major shareholders. I have always felt that someday, at some point – Fernandes and co’s luck will turn. That ONE appointment in any department of the club will turn out to be the right one. The list is now long;
    P.Beard
    M.Hughes.
    H.Redknapp.
    C.Ramsay.
    L.Ferdinand.
    JFH.
    L.Hoos.
    Won’t be making the effort to name all the backroom staff followed by the different managers.
    Honestly I have no idea what they’re doing. Fernandes “dream manager” was appointed again after a couple of weeks on the run, again captured by the Legend Les Ferdinand. A man who also made his name after a couple of years at Spurs. Apparently developing Bale and Kane is enough on the CV for getting appointments anywhere. Sherwood has done great. When is Fernandes “luck” going to turn, or MAYBE it isn’t about luck. It may be about incapability. Caterham turned out good as well. Incredible entrepreneur- obviously. But no Laporte. That’s for sure.
    We have got 21 games to go this season, and if something does not drastically change soon we are left with this useless manager, who has not won in his first seven games in charge, with a squad that is ON PAPER capable of reaching promotion in a Championship campaign. Now nine points from the relegation zone, and eleven points from the play-offs we can say for sure that we are HOPEFULLY facing another season in the championship next season with god knows who in charge. Maybe Magilton? Our players and backroom staff could probably use some head-butting. Joking. Warnock was our savior, who will be our savior this time? Certainly not the “hostile”, “loud” supporters who’d rather boo players than actually support them. By the way, besides from the two goals in the two starts- Polter is worse than Leon ####ing Clarke. Just because we’ve lost faith in the players, lets not boo them. Puncheon and Delaney can perform well in the BPL for Palace, how is that possible?

The text above states absolutely nothing new or revolutionary – but I had to express myself somewhere, and this is certainly the fitting forum for complaints and moaning. And some jokes somewhere, sometimes. The text is too long as well. But the Sun could probably use some more articles and chronicles of no relevance or real ending-product. So feel free to forward it anywhere you wish.

Over and out.

21 points. Should just be about enough.

Comment

I want to know what the game plan is in 10-12 games if results haven't improved?

Will everyone still say jfh is the man if we are bang in trouble in a relegation scrap.

Because even under ramsey we were mid table and under jfh we are in relegation form.

I hope he gets a few of his own players this month and turns it around but how long do you give a new manager of these types of performances and results were to continue?

Comment

March could see the third coming of NW.

Comment

We should write rest of this season off and focus all efforts in Jan window io getting squad and players together for a push next season. That way they get three months playing together and getting to know each other before big push next season

This squad is screaming out for pace which we have lacked for three seasons and a proper dynamic box to box midfielder

Comment

We will stay up comfortably, then get rid off the high earners than start from scratch
            You Rsssssss

Comment

The bottom line is are we better than three other clubs this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                Yes

Comment

We should be easily comfortable but it's also down to the player applying themselves correctly and the manager showing some sort of tactical nous and knowledge.

When that's missing together then your in trouble. The way we are playing and the players attitude right now where can you see the next win coming from.

Players and manager look absolutely lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                    We will stay up comfortably, then get rid off the high earners than start from scratch
                    I admire your confidence matey but I am worried

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      We should be easily comfortable but it's also down to the player applying themselves correctly and the manager showing some sort of tactical nous and knowledge.

When that's missing together then your in trouble. The way we are playing and the players attitude right now where can you see the next win coming from.

Players and manager look absolutely lost.
                      Just posed that very question to KMC on another thread

Comment

We will wil over half our remaining home games and that will, be more than enough

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          We should write rest of this season off and focus all efforts in Jan window io getting squad and players together for a push next season. That way they get three months playing together and getting to know each other before big push next season

This squad is screaming out for pace which we have lacked for three seasons and a proper dynamic box to box midfielder
                          This, and we have to give Diakite a run out - sheet or get off the pot time. Could just turn out to be a turning point. If he mullers someone and gets sent off at least we've tried and he doesn't play again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                            I'm just reaching for my Oxford English to check 'comfortably'.........

Comment

Maybe but that does not mean we will stay up

Comment

Working...
                              X