Why boo are own players ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why boo are own players ?

The booing of JET at full time today followed by applause for Mackie today was a disgrace and reminded me of Charlton all over again on the first day when Austin got the same treatment. JET is what he is, if he is not up to scratch that isn't his fault he is doing what he can and this isn't going to help him at all. It's not been the greatest season but f**k me we have some spoilt a*****es supporting the team these days, try and help rather than take the p**s please I am sick of it.

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
    The booing of JET at full time today followed by applause for Mackie today was a disgrace and reminded me of Charlton all over again on the first day when Austin got the same treatment. JET is what he is, if he is not up to scratch that isn't his fault he is doing what he can and this isn't going to help him at all. It's not been the greatest season but f**k me we have some spoilt a*****es supporting the team these days, try and help rather than take the p**s please I am sick of it.
    My mate who was there was saying we was singing Warnock songs, ####ing embarrassing. People need to get over that he's not our manager and won't be. Just what JFH needs to hear.

Comment

I don't condone booing but I can fully understand some of our fans who travel up and down the country are truly fed up. The desire and commitment levels of our players must be questioned and when that's happening as fans we should be able to vent.

Some of these players are earning 30-50 k a week in the championship and their performances are of players of a league 1 standard at best.

Comment

Folk who paid good money and spent good time to go see Jimmy the Genius play four centre backs and turn in that performance can do whatever the f ack they like as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

if they play appalling then getting stick is well justified
          You Rsssssss

Comment

How much they get paid is irrelevant unless you get paid less and are extremely jealous and just looking for an excuse to have a go. QPR Don't pay 500% more in wages than any other club, that is football nowadays. If we offer more than possibly a players worth he isn't going to turn it down.

If we had PL players who were obviously not putting the effort in then by all means have a go, JET played today as exactly the sort of standard I thought he was. The team we played today wasn't our strongest by any stretch of the imagination so give them a break. If people don't like the team selection have a go at the manager not the players, how many times do players refuse to play as they think it will unbalance the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              if they play appalling then getting stick is well justified
              This. Players are quick to accept the adulation,so should be prepared to take a bit of grief. Poor little poppets get paid enough.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                This. Players are quick to accept the adulation,so should be prepared to take a bit of grief. Poor little poppets get paid enough.
                But we didn't do that badly today, a significantly weakened team dominated the 2nd half but couldn't create the goal.

Comment

Jet was full on shite today

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Folk who paid good money and spent good time to go see Jimmy the Genius play four centre backs and turn in that performance can do whatever the f ack they like as far as I'm concerned.
                    Totally agree mate . The players we have.the money there on. And the displays there putting in. They deserve all the stick they get. Bottle job wanchors . Fair play to the fans who booed. I'd have joined in aswell.

Comment

Sadly think the best fun I've had all season (I wasn't at Wolves) was probably singing 'We're f acking s hit' at Fulham.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        I don't condone booing but I can fully understand some of our fans who travel up and down the country are truly fed up. The desire and commitment levels of our players must be questioned and when that's happening as fans we should be able to vent.

Some of these players are earning 30-50 k a week in the championship and their performances are of players of a league 1 standard at best.
                        Excellent - we'll be fine next season then.

Comment

its of their own making , put in a performance and the fans will get behind them

Comment

Couldn't agree more. JET has made a greater contribution this season than Mackie. What the "fans" want to see is someone, like Mackie, run about like a dog chasing it's own tail. They don't care what he produces, as long as he's seen to be working hard. Yet JET, who's also been out and plays completely different and probably better style of football gets all the stick. We should be getting behind the players, especially when they're struggling or just coming back from an injury or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              Couldn't agree more. JET has made a greater contribution this season than Mackie. What the "fans" want to see is someone, like Mackie, run about like a dog chasing it's own tail. They don't care what he produces, as long as he's seen to be working hard. Yet JET, who's also been out and plays completely different and probably better style of football gets all the stick. We should be getting behind the players, especially when they're struggling or just coming back from an injury or whatever.
                              This entire thread shows what happens when high expectations fall into maddening mediocrity. This team has been beset by over-the-hill players, a revolving door of managers, incomprehensible lineup selections, and a frustrating lack of quality play for a number of years. Happen to like JET who, for the record and despite being given fewer chances, remains one of our leading goal scorers.

But he's not right in a one striker offense with no effective number "10" or offensive midfielders or talented backs behind him. If we lose Charlie in this transfer window, would scrap the Fers and Henrys and Greens in favor of a fundamental change in lineups, tactics and play.

Have said many times on this site that I don't mind losing as long as we give winning a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X