Deal for Washington close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Guess so. But poor piece of business regarding Charlie.
    It's only poor because we aren't up near the top of league.

The gamble failed but worth taking in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
      If I'm honest don't hear that much these days, but got told this and am passing it on.
      Well done moons bang on again. Never doubted ya. Only itk left on this forum.

Comment

• Washington is a gamble but worth taking, Austin was a mistake not to sell in the last summer.

Comment

• I also think we should remember we only got Charlie as hooper went to Norwich at the last moment and Charlie failed the hull medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
            All said with the benefit of hindsight - given Charlies track record of 1 goal every 2 games at championship level I for one was happy the our board choose keep Charlie rather than sell for top dollar to give us a shot at an immediate return to the Premiere League.

For a myriad of reasons this has not panned out and we are where we are trying to get the best deal for a player with 6 months left on his contract and holding all the Aces from a negotiation perspective.
            Have been having this argument with people who said that we should have got X million for him. If we were romping this division, and we have a squad that should be, IMHO, at the bare minimum, challenging for a play off place, everyone would be saying what a good decision it was to keep CA.
            You can't please all of the people, all of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              An extra £3m for Gayle rather than Washington. Hardly breaking the bank when we've got plenty of shite that could raise the money to make it workable.
              Yea just a mere £3m. Pennies.

We have to sell players first as you know. Who'll take the crap we've got? Can't see anyone bashing down the doors to get to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We have to sell players first as you know. Who'll take the crap we've got? Can't see anyone bashing down the doors to get to them.
                Exactly. Who said Gayle was available for six million anyway? They certainly wanted more than that in the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Exactly. Who said Gayle was available for six million anyway? They certainly wanted more than that in the summer.
                  I saw the figure £10m banded about somewhere.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Plenty interested in Matty for £4m and the same would be said for Leroy at that price. £12m to play with including Charlie's move. Whether the board choose to reinvest is another matter.

The Washington deal is around £3.5m according to reports today, absolutely ridiculous fee to be honest but at least the board have given Jimmy the funds.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Bristol City agreed a deal for him for £6m rising to £8m with addons in the summer. Palace now have money and Gayle can't get a sniff and want him gone, so a lower fee would be acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                        Plenty interested in Matty for £4m and the same would be said for Leroy at that price. £12m to play with including Charlie's move. Whether the board choose to reinvest is another matter.

The Washington deal is around £3.5m according to reports today, absolutely ridiculous fee to be honest but at least the board have given Jimmy the funds.
                        Talksport were reporting the deal as £2.5m?
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• talking to a Palarse fan, Gayle while no question a talent, lacks discipline and nous in regard to tactics. Seems to be the reason they want him out when you consider the 2 strikers they prefer over him
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Hah! So true, the way when it comes to transfer fees fans seem to think it is just Monopoly money. Yet the club puts 10 quid on the price of tickets and suddenly its civil war...

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Talksport were reporting the deal as £2.5m?
                              Barry Fry said last night it's more than that mate. Maybe it's £2.5m up front plus addons.

It depends what the addons are though, some are unrealistic but just bumps up the deal.

Comment

• Its a bit crazy how his value has gone up by 2/3 mil in the space of a year or so at league 1 level. Its a pity we seem to have no system in place to spot these players earlier.
                                Last edited by Brian Wilson; 19-01-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X