No announcement yet.

Harriman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he was good enough, or even showed enough potential to hold down a place in the coming season he would not have been moved on, a succession of managers can't all be wrong. Give some of you the slightest reason and out comes your stick to beat the LF and co.

Who was that kid who scored a last minute winner a couple of seasons back oh yeah Hitchcock, some on hear wanted him to lead the line in the prem on the back of a tap in, get real peeps we ain't got no decent youth players.

Comment

Good luck to the lad
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

don't know if it's been mentioned but he's been playing on the wing a lot at wycombe rather than at right back. the last thing we need is wingers to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post
          don't know if it's been mentioned but he's been playing on the wing a lot at wycombe rather than at right back. the last thing we need is wingers to be fair
          Don't ruin the b itch fest Adel he's the best right back since Gary Neville don't you know and future England captain and manager

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Never given a chance though kev...

Would of understood it if he'd been thrown in and looked completely out of place.

Playing well for a good league 2 and I know enough good players from that league personally who have moved up and done very well at league 1 and then onto championship level.

Fact we don't have a rb atm and we don't even consider him just shows the crap that's going on at this club right now.
            [/QUOTE]

Or it shows how low his quality is relative to what is needed that he's behind Perch, Ned, Kelvin, Furlong in the run for right back. Fact is, he's clearly not done enough to show x amount of managers and temps that he isn't good enough to step up beyond the reserves level and League 2. Good luck to him but the fact is, he is not good enough clearly.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Don't ruin the b itch fest Adel he's the best right back since Gary Neville don't you know and future England captain and manager
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Have to say that As per usual lately the reaction is OTT. I saw Harriman play a few seasons back in pre season and there was definitely potential but the reaction on here is that he was Gareth Bale ! Playing in League 2 and playing in the Championship is a hell of a lot different, so the fact our last 3 managers didn't use him MUST say something. Carry on either vendetta against The board, Les, Ramsey, Jimmy etc is getting a little silly now. Nobody on here has seen him play at our level regularly so you have to leave it to the powers that be to decide if he is good enough for the Championship and they don't think he is, so we move on. Don't get what the constant vendetta recently is about but it isn't doing the club any good as the atmosphere last Friday proved.

Comment

This one grates with me a bit.

We've played Furlong at Right Back for half of last season in the Prem and I'm 100% that Harriman is a better player than him. This season we've played Perch there when fit and for me, he's looked very suspect to say the least. When Perch has been injured we've played Onouha who we know is not any good at right back, we've known that for 3 seasons in fact, yet we still keep playing him there.

In Harriman we have a player who has been rated extremely highly everywhere he's been, albeit a league or 2 below where we are, and has looked good in the few opportunities he's had here. Why was he never given a real chance and why has he been allowed to walk for nothing?
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 07-01-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

We've played Furlong at Right Back for half of last season in the Prem and I'm 100% that Harriman is a better player than him. This season we've played Perch there when fit and for me, he's looked very suspect to say the least. When Perch has been injured we've played Onouha who we know is not any good at right back, we've known that for 3 seasons in fact yet we still keep playing him there.

In Harriman we have a player who has been rated extremely highly everywhere he's been, albeit a league or 2 below where we are, and has looked good in the few opportunities he's had here. Why was he never given a real chance and why has he been allowed to walk for nothing?
                    yeah it's strange how people see things Ned at r/b , if we feel we have to use a c/b at r/b Angella being a ball player would be a better option

Comment

We've played Furlong at Right Back for half of last season in the Prem and I'm 100% that Harriman is a better player than him. This season we've played Perch there when fit and for me, he's looked very suspect to say the least. When Perch has been injured we've played Onouha who we know is not any good at right back, we've known that for 3 seasons in fact yet we still keep playing him there.

well put tarbie!

Comment

Yep, excellent post Tarbie! My point exactly. Furlong was a bit unlucky I thought last season, played well in his debut but then got 'tore a new one' in the next 2 games when he had to play against and mark Sanchis (Arsenal) and Bolasie (Palace)! Then we never saw him again for the rest of the season!

Harriman (judging from reports I've read) has been playing extrememly well for Wycombe and scoring a few goals too! Something we can only dream of from the likes of Perch and Kalvin doing!

The lad should have been given a chance, I mean a fair chance, a run of games etc. Instead he has been bombed out of the club. I feel sorry for the lad, an absolute shame he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip.

Comment

Half of last season? He played 3 games! and was roasted in 2 of those albeit against two of the best players in the league. Perch after a dodgy start was beginning to get to some form when he did his knee. As others have mentioned..manager after manager has overlooked Harriman and he isn't even playing rightback for Wycombe he is playing right wing apparently. Yes it is a shame that yet another Youth team player hasn't made the grade with us..but again as mention by many on here the over reaction that we have let go some jewell in the crown is just nonsense. But i do think he wasn't given a proper chance here..guess the face just didn't fit
                          Last edited by 3London; 07-01-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Not good enough, end of. Even if you haven't seen him play, the people who have decided to let him go have far greater football knowledge and knowledge on Harriman then any of us.

Comment

Hahahah catching up with this thread is comedy gold. So many toys out of prams

Christ, he is a decent League 2 player, no more. If we had gone and bought Harriman now without the sentimental attachment of him being a youth product, the same people getting their knickers in a twist about this would be complaining about us buying League 2 quality players. #ShoppingAtPrimark
                              Last edited by MattyRangers; 07-01-2016, 11:15 AM.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Its easy to just go he's a league 2 player because he's now playing there. I imagine he's done this move for his career.

Probably sees taking a step back as a chance to take 2 or 3 forward in the future. I have plenty of friends who are playing professionally now who were overlooked and had to drop levels to get play time who have now gone on to be regulars in league 1, the championship and albeit just the 1 but also the premiership.

My gripe with this is he was highly regarded and with our current rb situation I think Harriman deserved a shot. Not saying he would nailed it but he did a decent job when he played for us I think it was against Liverpool and has now been playing regular football to develop his game.

The whole point of going on loan is to develop. We had a perfect chance to give him a chance here. I guarantee hell play higher than league 2. Certainly league 1 and potential for championship.

Still young at 23 and at 27/28/29 could be a very good player.

Comment

Working...
                                X