Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Green going

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • acricketer
    Platinum Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 12068

    #16
    I'm pleased for all the fans who thought he was one of the biggest reasons for our demise. W@nkers

    Comment

    • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
      Gold Seat
      • Sep 2012
      • 8957

      #17
      Originally posted by acricketer
      I'm pleased for all the fans who thought he was one of the biggest reasons for our demise. W@nkers
      Contributed towards it, on massive wages may I add.

      Comment

      • West Acton
        CCG
        • Dec 2009
        • 21475

        #18
        Originally posted by acricketer
        I'm pleased for all the fans who thought he was one of the biggest reasons for our demise. W@nkers
        Thanks is this the moment when I give my victory speech

        Been s hit since day dot unsure why the majority have been unable to see it and have walked blindfolded when comes to him for so long. Pulls off great saves that's not in doubt but then again he's a keeper that's his job

        Comment

        • MattyRangers
          Slimmer of The Year
          • Jun 2011
          • 24914

          #19
          Originally posted by West Acton
          Thanks is this the moment when I give my victory speech

          Been s hit since day dot unsure why the majority have been unable to see it and have walked blindfolded when comes to him for so long. Pulls off great saves that's not in doubt but then again he's a keeper that's his job
          Been poor this season, and always had the odd ricket in him, but that bolded sentence is rubbish west mate, sorry.

          He was outstanding for us last year, and the year we went up via the play offs. Kept us in countless games.

          Wouldn't be too upset if he did get moved on this month though to be honest, provided we bring somebody else in to cover Smithies as, knowing our club, he will get himself crocked the 1st week of Feb and we will have some kid in goal!
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

          Comment

          • Timmy the Doc
            Silver Seat
            • Jan 2012
            • 3193

            #20
            Two great seasons with us, but very poor this season.

            Comment

            • rodman
              Silver Seat
              • Mar 2009
              • 1341

              #21
              Originally posted by MattyRangers
              Been poor this season, and always had the odd ricket in him, but that bolded sentence is rubbish west mate, sorry.

              He was outstanding for us last year, and the year we went up via the play offs. Kept us in countless games.

              Wouldn't be too upset if he did get moved on this month though to be honest, provided we bring somebody else in to cover Smithies as, knowing our club, he will get himself crocked the 1st week of Feb and we will have some kid in goal!


              It's quotes like this that I find so hard to believe.

              If conceding 2 goals per game is outstanding then I sincerely hope we never get anyone who is simply average.

              Comment

              • MattyRangers
                Slimmer of The Year
                • Jun 2011
                • 24914

                #22
                Originally posted by rodman
                It's quotes like this that I find so hard to believe.

                If conceding 2 goals per game is outstanding then I sincerely hope we never get anyone who is simply average.
                Clueless statement based looking solely at a number.

                When playing for a god awful side that's defense let the oppo have god knows how many shots at goal per game (felt like 15 or 20 every game!) we were bound to concede bundles of goals, even if we had Hugo Lloris in goal. Regardless of what people think of Green and parking his performances this season (I myself agree he's been poor), he was fantastic for us last season. Earned himself a recall back into the England squad and had a few PL clubs sniffing around him (albeit to be back up).

                As I say, I won't mind if he goes, he is pony this season, but I am not for making sweeping statements dismissing 3 years as rubbish when in actual fact that's nonsense.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                Comment

                • CroydonCaptainJack
                  Gold Seat
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 6141

                  #23
                  Originally posted by rodman
                  It's quotes like this that I find so hard to believe.

                  If conceding 2 goals per game is outstanding then I sincerely hope we never get anyone who is simply average.
                  It is the quote Matty was quoting that was hard to believe imo. Green has been poor this season but certainly not $hi* from day one. Oh, and the two goals a game may be something to do with the defence as well.

                  Comment

                  • FACTS
                    Apprentice
                    • Nov 2015
                    • 215

                    #24
                    Never been any good, before and while he was here. Worried about who we'll replace him with though. Better the devil you know and all that...

                    Think some overrated him due to a dislike for Julio Cesar and what he represented.

                    Comment

                    • spannerboy
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 4

                      #25
                      Jon Mclaughlin from Burton anyone ?

                      Comment

                      • West London is Rss
                        Gold Seat
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 6372

                        #26
                        Cant kick
                        Cant catch
                        cant punch
                        Flaps at every corner
                        slow off his line
                        Cant cope with 1v1's
                        And barely moves sometimes when a shot is fired at him

                        Good riddance.

                        Comment

                        • MattyRangers
                          Slimmer of The Year
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 24914

                          #27
                          Originally posted by spannerboy
                          Jon Mclaughlin from Burton anyone ?
                          Rather Bentley from Southend.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                          Comment

                          • lymehoop
                            Gold Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 7380

                            #28
                            Originally posted by West London is Rss
                            Cant kick
                            Cant catch
                            cant punch
                            Flaps at every corner
                            slow off his line
                            Cant cope with 1v1's
                            And barely moves sometimes when a shot is fired at him

                            Good riddance.
                            you forgot about how slow his distribution isplenty of better goalies out there at fraction of what Greeeno is costing
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

                            Comment

                            • Rangers77
                              Platinum Seat
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 11808

                              #29
                              Originally posted by MattyRangers
                              Clueless statement based looking solely at a number.

                              When playing for a god awful side that's defense let the oppo have god knows how many shots at goal per game (felt like 15 or 20 every game!) we were bound to concede bundles of goals, even if we had Hugo Lloris in goal. Regardless of what people think of Green and parking his performances this season (I myself agree he's been poor), he was fantastic for us last season. Earned himself a recall back into the England squad and had a few PL clubs sniffing around him (albeit to be back up).

                              As I say, I won't mind if he goes, he is pony this season, but I am not for making sweeping statements dismissing 3 years as rubbish when in actual fact that's nonsense.
                              This. Subderland away he was magnificent. Good when we went up too.

                              Comment

                              • maidstone_hoop
                                Gold Seat
                                • May 2009
                                • 6718

                                #30
                                My view on green in general is him leaving will suit everyone and more so us as a club.

                                We shouldn't be paying anyone 40/50 k a week in this league and his performances don't warrant it. He's not in good form and not in favour with the fans.

                                We ain't going back to the prem anytime a soon so he might as well take his last chance and we get a small fee which is reinvested in a up and coming talent like Bentley.

                                Unfortunately qpr being qpr released a perfect replacement for him in McCarthy. He should of been our number 1 being bled back into regular first team football in the championship!

                                Comment

                                Working...