No announcement yet.

Chris Ramsey appointed technical director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF says he had a clause in his contract to retain him regardless of his performance as manager!!

That's shocking. Get a big job in the premier league, make a pigs ear of it, go down, make a pigs ear of it. Have to hire a new manager and staff at what cost to QPR FC, then re employ the same man! Unbelievable Jeff!
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 05-01-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      There is a foul stench of racism about some of the posts on this thread. I would like to know more about the Steve Gallen situation before commenting on that aspect, but, unless I missed something, Ramsey built his reputation on working with the younger players at Spurs, when Les was there too. His reputation with us went downhill when he got the manager's post, but even then many noted that he had apparently improved the game of some of the players. He certainly gave several younger players a game or two last season.
      He has a strong CV for the role he appears to be appointed to do and my initial reaction is a positive one.
      Fully agree and some of the racist posts on this thread are disgraceful.

Ramsay was a shocking manager but this is absolutely 100% his strengths and should be exactly the right role for him. We have someone in place to look at the full structure. (And restructure) of the whole scouting and academy plan which is exactly what the club has been crying out for for years.

Can't comment on the Steve Gallen situation as no details have actually been released but it's clear there has been a whole review of the staff and whether they are right or not going forward. Only person I'm surprised is still in a job is the fitness coach!

Comment

There are not many Championship clubs that have an ex-premier league manager coaching their kids! Good move I say. Although I liked Steve a lot.

Comment

rodney marsh had a few things to say about this on his twitter.

as for some openly calling posters on here racist, where is that fact? if you feel there is racist posts on here then point them out.

you could also argue the case that this whole rooney rule bollx is racist to white people.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
            There are not many Championship clubs that have an ex-premier league manager coaching their kids! Good move I say. Although I liked Steve a lot.
            you really are reaching now mate. only at our club would we make a pe teacher a premier league "1st team coach"
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              you really are reaching now mate. only at our club would we make a pe teacher a premier league "1st team coach"
              Calling him a PE teacher is what's wrong here. How can you expect youth players to be taken seriously when you interpret the head of that sector to be a 'PE Teacher'.

Also, unrelated to this particular post but people calling out the removal of Steve Gallen from his position, some are extremely hypocritical. SOME of these people are the same ones who called out the hiring of Sir Les on the basis of him being a 'QPR Man' as opposed to his qualifications, now they are demolishing the club for getting rid of a 'QPR Man'.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I love Steve Gallen, I've spoken to him many times and seen him at Harlington many times and have trained under his guidance a couple of times and think he's a fantastic person with a passion for what he does, but if the club wants to go in another direction, so be it. It can work out for us still. What grinds my gears is the ridiculous double standards with regards to Sir Les and Steve Gallen. It is complaining because you want something to complain about, not because there is any logic in doing so.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                rodney marsh had a few things to say about this on his twitter.

as for some openly calling posters on here racist, where is that fact? if you feel there is racist posts on here then point them out.

you could also argue the case that this whole rooney rule bollx is racist to white people.
                Apologies, I shouldn't have used the word racist but there are several posts on This thread about LF only hiring black people and accusations like that are dangerous. Jobs for the boys or whatever you want to call it is one thing but accusing LF of only signing black staff, sacking white staff and only wanting black players is bang out of order. (Not saying it was you btw!)

Comment

Just watch the curb your enthusiasm episode about positive discrimination - it's hilarious !

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    I like Ramsey but Ferdinand is becoming a total w@nker.

Pretty soon we won't sign a player unless he's black.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Andros Townsend's old man get a job here, he's another one who calls anyone who employs a white man a racist.
                    This one's a bit close to the mark imo hits,

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      Wrong colour mate
                      And this one,

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        F*cking joke of a club LF giving jobs to his black mates him and his fu*cking rooney rule he needs to be bombed out of the club now taking TF for a idiot and it's not being racist to these people we don't need this sort of thing going on in the club, we must be the laughing stock of football, don't like where this is leading.

THE club is just one big mess, I just hope the people that are in charge now getting us going in the right direction otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy fans regarding LF.
                        Maybe this one as well.

Comment

I think CR is a positive retention. He wasn't backed by the club and SLF let him carry the can. JFH is having the same challenges.

Let's face it, we have weak-willed characters in the squad, no competition for places and no strategy.

I'd be happy to lose in the short term if we were bedding in a gameplan. We seem to be waiting for contracts to run out; movement of big wages in the window and a league 1 Charlie 'cunning plan' buying a 'Vardy' budget.

We are $hit at the moment and will be for a few years unless we get a decent manager. All the 'Let's get rid of the talent' threads reflect the fact we are a poor club to base a career on. I watch loads of footie on the tv and we are nowhere near Bournemouth or Norwich or even Newcastle.

We are plummeting down the league with uninspiring football and no base for the future. No Base For The Future. NBFTF. I think I'll make that my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            This one's a bit close to the mark imo hits,
                            Is it boll@x.

I'm no racist and this post wasn't meant to be racist.

We have a DoF who has openly come out and said time and again that there needs to be more black managers and then time and again he brings black managers, coaches etc with very very little experience into the club and so far they haven't worked out.

I was actually pleased JFH got the job I think he could be a decent appointment if he's allowed to get in with the job but I am not alone in thinking that our DoF might just have an agenda and if he has it is wrong.

Also at the time I got behind CR when he took over from HR last season and if you can be bothered check my posts and you will see.

By the way if I have offended anyone with my previous posts I apologise as it was not intended.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              Not really a "little job" with the whole academy restructuring..
                              Lol, good shout.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Some of the post on here are beyound close to the mark, in fact I think I am done with all of this, Ramsey might have been a poor manager but his credentials as a youth coach are solid!

Manchester City brought in Patrick Veirra as head of youth, if I had time I would like to see what the reaction was to his appointment, Chelsea have got Drogba in, again I would like to see what the reaction was to that appointment.

Some of the problems at QPR are off the pitch and always has been.

In the long run, LF, CR and LH will turn this club around, it was a master stroke putting the clause in his contract.

I think I will stay off this board for a while, or perhaps it's time to move on.

Hope we have a good cup run and improve as the season moves on!
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X