X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at Tom Carroll now

How many saw that coming?
    Kept the faith!

He's getting odd game here and their mate and he will drop down a division next season

Shocking player

Comment

Not sure about that, he even banged one in the other day, I had my doubts but lots of people in the game rated him, we shall see.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Not sure about that, he even banged one in the other day, I had my doubts but lots of people in the game rated him, we shall see.
        Now hang on. Let's not get carried away. I saw him live in Europe and he was woeful. Same passing backwards and sideways whilst getting muscled off the ball. Vastly overrated and he will never get on over the likes of dembele ,Ali , dier and Ericsson.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Cant see him sustaining it when their injuries clear up. Tends to play in Europa league games which says it all. Spurs ambition suerly is to be top four side can you see that happening long term with Carroll in the middle

Tidy player but not prem standard will fall away like Allen has at Liverpool who are very similar players. todays game needs players to do more then simply keeping the ball moving sideways

Would cut my wrists if he ended up At ours

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Now hang on. Let's not get carried away. I saw him live in Europe and he was woeful. Same passing backwards and sideways whilst getting muscled off the ball. Vastly overrated and he will never get on over the likes of dembele ,Ali , dier and Ericsson.
            Agree add mason to that

Comment

I think they are playing him further forward and not as a holding player, time will tell.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Agree add mason to that
                And Bentaleb

Comment

How many games has he started this season?

Comment

Personally I always liked Carroll. Played most games in the season we finished in the playoffs so he did something right. Where some people say "he only passes sideways or backwards" personally I think a successful team normally can keep hold of the ball and retain possession. Carroll along side someone like Sandro would work very well. Yes he does lack strength. But he does have a good football brain. He always wanted the ball and kept it moving. When I look at our current players I can't help but feel like they take a unneeded touch and slow the ball down too much.

And there was one comment above saying. "Well he isn't going to get in above eriksson, alli etc. Well that doesn't make him a bad player because they are top class...

Problem down here at Qpr these days is a lot of the fans don't give players even 3/4 games before they make judgement.

Football teams are built on stablity and confidence. Hence why we have been a wreck for a couple of seasons now

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                      Personally I always liked Carroll. Played most games in the season we finished in the playoffs so he did something right. Where some people say "he only passes sideways or backwards" personally I think a successful team normally can keep hold of the ball and retain possession. Carroll along side someone like Sandro would work very well. Yes he does lack strength. But he does have a good football brain. He always wanted the ball and kept it moving. When I look at our current players I can't help but feel like they take a unneeded touch and slow the ball down too much.

And there was one comment above saying. "Well he isn't going to get in above eriksson, alli etc. Well that doesn't make him a bad player because they are top class...

Problem down here at Qpr these days is a lot of the fans don't give players even 3/4 games before they make judgement.

Football teams are built on stablity and confidence. Hence why we have been a wreck for a couple of seasons now
                      I do agree that we dont give players/managers enough time before judging them. Tha being said Tom Carrol had plenty of time to impress here and failed imho. You need more than the ability to pass sideways/backwards to be a midfielder now. Holding players are expected to get moves started and he would have never done that.

Not entirely sure what was meant by the OP "look at him now" as he doesnt seem to have done anything that great at Spurs.

Him and Sandro in MF would create even less than we do right now.

Wouldnt even call him average tbh, think he is poor and wouldn't cut the mustard in the championship.

Comment

Can only judge him based on what I saw of him with us. I know that he was very young at the time, but honestly I thought he was shocking. Zero composure, woeful passer of a ball, sh*t scared to put his foot in and too easy to knock off the ball. He must've made one hell of a transformation is all I can say.

Comment

Not sure he's proved most of us wrong yet. Always thought he was shocking. However, I think samba's quality and no manager seems to agree so what do I know!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Not sure he's proved most of us wrong yet. Always thought he was shocking. However, I think samba's quality and no manager seems to agree so what do I know!
                            So do I. The big question with him has been (and always will be) where his head's at. From the reports that have come out of the club over the last 3-4 years, you have to wonder if professional sport (and the inherent pressure involved) is really the best thing for the bloke if he is dealing with mental illness. Conversely, I haven't really heard a manager during his time with us come out and say that he was being supported in any way by the club - indeed, Doughnut Ramsey came out in the summer and stated categorically that Samba had little to no chance whatsever of forcing his way back into the side. Not the best thing to tell a player who is mentally fragile to begin with. His contract is up in the summer, and I'll be very surprised if the club renews it. I feel sorry fo the guy, or at least as sorry as I can feel for someone earning 30k a week.

Comment

Was personally always in the minority that thought he was a decent little player. Admittedly very lightweight, but always looked to play football and, IMO, got way more stick than he deserved. Won't make it at Spurs though I don't think, but will remain a PL player for the foreseeable IMO.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X