The curse of QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curse of QPR

Just looking at recent managers and what happens after managing us...

Ian Dowie - no managerial appointment since
    Gerry Francis - short managerial stint at Bristol Rovers
    John Gregory - a few Israel jobs and an unsuccesful stint at Crawley
    Mick Harford - no managerial appointment since
    Jim Magilton - no managerial appointment since part from a short stint in Australia
    Paul Hart - very short stints (less than 15 games) at palace and Swindon
    Harry Redknapp - no managerial appointments since
    Chris Ramsay - No managerial appointment since (maybe too soon?)

What a curse managing our club is to a career. Sousa, Hughes, Warnock (just) and dicanio (lower Italian leagues) are the only exceptions...

So summing it up I'm not certain the blame being laid at Lfs door and possibly even TFs door (not certain about this one as I think he's been poor) is entirely justified.

I see your point but most of them are still earning healthy wedge in the game or media.

We do turn most players to $hit though.

Comment

And fans

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up

Comment

Nothing to do with a curse really - Gerry Francis, Paulo Sousa and Neil Warnock aside (who are respected within the game), how many of them would you want at your football club? A collection of crooks, doughnuts and nutjobs.

The strangest one for me was Hughes. Came to us with an excellent record with clubs about our size, absoluted ruined us, and then went on to continue his successful career with Stoke. Very weird.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 31-12-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Me starting to support the Rangers coincided with 20+ years of crap football, bankruptcy, buckets for Jamie Cureton.

Sorry lads, I think I contributed to the curse as apart from the 3 promotions, I've never known us to be any good, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              Me starting to support the Rangers coincided with 20+ years of crap football, bankruptcy, buckets for Jamie Cureton.

Sorry lads, I think I contributed to the curse as apart from the 3 promotions, I've never known us to be any good, ever.
              The hook to supporting QPR is in thinking one day it's going to turn around, and that we'll actually live up to our potential. Its the hope that kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                The hook to supporting QPR is in thinking one day it's going to turn around, and we'll actually live up to our potential. Its the hope that kills you.
                The hope builds up pretty much from the Sunday after the game for the entire week until Saturday comes again. I'm up for it, confident. 5pm hits, heavy sigh, disappointment sets in. The hope builds up again on Sunday morning. What a vicious cycle.

Comment

Working...
                X