Paul Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Clement

Joined Derby in June so had all of the preseason, and yet it took 8 games for Derby to win. Very similar to the results under Hasselbank.

did he leave 2nd and 3rd top goal scorers on the bench for the first 8 games like JFH while his first choice striker was out as well then? If so then I Believe

Comment

That's actually a very good point made by Jane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        did he leave 2nd and 3rd top goal scorers on the bench for the first 8 games like JFH while his first choice striker was out as well then? If so then I Believe
        Actually he kinda did. Top scorers were Martin, Bent and Ince, Bent didn't start until the 3rd or 4th game. And JFH has only had 4 games in charge with JET apparently not at full fitness and Chery being rather inconsistent (along with most of our forward line). He decided to go with Fer and maybe he has been inconsistent as well but I doubt Chery would have been more suited to the transition we were making, especially considering Chery was behind Yun, Petrasso and Fer under NW as well. But lets hear him getting abuse for that?
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          No idea as I don't follow Derby that closely.

Comment

It's happens to loads of managers, it's just at QPR everyone is expecting instant success and promotion. People calling for JFH head are morons.

Comment

You can't call for jfh head after 5 games.

At the moment we look like we are going backwards again. However to implement new ways of playing takes time.

Comment

Sometimes when you have travelled too far down the wrong path you have to back up in order to find the junction to the new path. A backwards step is to be expected at the moment while we try and get the players fitness and mentalities back to where they should be.

Once this is achieved we should start to see some leaps forward.

Comment

I think a couple of these derby games were on Telly as remember watching them early in season. The results weren't great but they looked a good team in my view. Could of course be the players but they certainly looked liked they had a) a plan b) structure c) good style of play and d) people in their correct position. Things we seem to have missed since mark Hughes.

Comment

We looked like that in the first few games under JFH though. Just because we played poorly against Huddersfield doesnt change how well we played in the first few games. Loads of people were really impressed with it - lets not have a massive kneejerk reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                      We looked like that in the first few games under JFH though. Just because we played poorly against Huddersfield doesnt change how well we played in the first few games. Loads of people were really impressed with it - lets not have a massive kneejerk reaction.
                      Fair point. Just very annoyed at team that was put out yesterday.

Comment

Don't matter who's in charge you don't leave your strikers on the bench in a game that we needed 3 points, to many similarities to Ramsey's selections, am not a JFH basher but if he keeps leaving polter and jet on the bench while charlie is injured then he deserves all the criticism that's thrown at him
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Don't think Paul Clement ever played Karl Henry up front. Hopefully Hasselbaink won't again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                            Don't matter who's in charge you don't leave your strikers on the bench in a game that we needed 3 points, to many similarities to Ramsey's selections, am not a JFH basher but if he keeps leaving polter and jet on the bench while charlie is injured then he deserves all the criticism that's thrown at him
                            But this was one game, the prior game he had polter starting and got ridiculed at the end for that decision.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              But this was one game, the prior game he had polter starting and got ridiculed at the end for that decision.
                              But this was home arguably a poorer side than Ipswich, this was a really good opportunity to play 2 up front to see if it would work, I don't think anyone would argue that we could off left fer and tozser out or even play 1 off them from the start . Just baffling mate IMO
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X