Quote on Hughes/Fernandes in today's Independent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Was gonna start a thread about Hughes yesterday but couldn't be bothered.

Basically although most of us hated him, was it warranted? He's turned out to be a top manager, who's doing a fantastic job at Stoke City.

I think a lot of the resentment was false hope from us, people talking about Europe and all sorts, along with some of the crap he purchased, Bosw@nka etc, but can we really blame it all on him? The board have a lot to answer for, but as far as Hughes is concerned, I think he just got bit with the QPR bug, in that anything decent we get turns to shite.

No love lost for me, as I think he was miserable as sin, but it's clear to see he's a top 10 PL manager all day long.
    Have been a fully pad up Hughes hater, but have now to say this post is bang on the money......

Comment

It's easier to blame the manager than the club's infrastructure & the board. The same thing is happening at Man Utd, now, LVG is getting slaughtered in the press but if the club is a shambles the manager shouldn't be held solely accountable.

Hughes is probably the best current British manager, good luck to him. It's a shame it didn't work out here.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        He's spent big at Stoke! Plus they're a bigger better club then QPR

QPR have small club mentality & the stadium is the biggest factor, Stokes ground is amazing!
        Are they your "second" team or something ?
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

One of the few things Redknapp was correct about was TF had got his "pants pulled down" by Rigg, Joorabchian and Hughes by giving them an open cheque book. The question is: Who's fault was that? The answer is: No one else but Fernandes for being so gullible and playing Mr Nice Guy.

The Stoke Chairman is the exact opposite of that - he's canny, experienced and shrewd. So it's no surprise why Hughes' career picked up again after the QPR blip.

Comment

You provide the funds you lose, if you don't you still lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              That's the problem when a businessman neither knows what he is getting himself into nor appoints reliable lieutenants who do know the field and actually do care.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                That's the problem when a businessman neither knows what he is getting himself into nor appoints reliable lieutenants who do know the field and actually do care.
                Originally posted by MYU View Post
                Kirill's right. It's never as straightforward as that.

TF himself admitted he was "naive" during the Hughes era.

Two points to remember:

1) Hughes interviewed the out-of-his depth Beard, just as much as the other way round.
                2) TF gave Hughes/Rigg virtually carte blanche and an open cheque-book over signings.

It's never just a matter of "providing funds".

It's HOW they're provided and WHEN.

Stoke's Peter Coates is the perfect example of that.

I'm off to the game now

Comment

Enjoy the match, here's for 3 points.

Comment

Same thing will happen with jfh . The #### heads that follow our club will hound him out and he will go on to be a success somewhere else . Some absolute ####ing ##### supporting Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Was gonna start a thread about Hughes yesterday but couldn't be bothered.

Basically although most of us hated him, was it warranted? He's turned out to be a top manager, who's doing a fantastic job at Stoke City.

I think a lot of the resentment was false hope from us, people talking about Europe and all sorts, along with some of the crap he purchased, Bosw@nka etc, but can we really blame it all on him? The board have a lot to answer for, but as far as Hughes is concerned, I think he just got bit with the QPR bug, in that anything decent we get turns to shite.

No love lost for me, as I think he was miserable as sin, but it's clear to see he's a top 10 PL manager all day long.
                      Agreed. He signed some dross, but how much of that was all down to him? I believe Patk was a Board signing and perhaps one or two others. Also, perhaps the Board refused to fund signing another striker.

Comment

One of the problems with Hughes is the baggage that comes with him, in the form of his notorious agent, Kia. Unfortunately, he also represented some of Hughes' signings and TF was tender prey for him.

For the conflict of interests alone, I would never want Hughes anywhere near this club again.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Big Dave sounds like you've had a good Xmas but come on that is nonsense. To give pulis all the credit is wrong. We have so many bitter fans and understandably. The fact is mark Hughes is a good manager. Yes they have organisation that pulis encouraged but their best players are flair players. Shaqiri and bojan are class players and they are given complete freedom to express there selves. They also have 3 or 4 brilliant players and its no fluke. If we were actually run like a progressive football club not a farce Hughes would of been enjoying some success with us.
                          Yes but why are players like Bojan and Shaqiri allowed the freedom? Because of the spine that Pulis put together.
                          This is my opinion I could be way off the mark.

By the way yes having lovely Xmas mate, not been to Rangers as busy with family but will be there for the Hull game. All the best for new year mate

Comment

Working...
                          X