A positive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive!

Decent post-match interview. More honest than the one on QPRPlayer.

At least he identifies exactly where we're going wrong and the changes that are needed.

Also acknowledges that he's still learning about his players: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35182457

AND he didn't say "it wasn't meant to be" again!

I at least feel more encouraged after hearing that.

I wasn't encouraged when he said we played well in first half. Same rubbish as the first half at Bristol. And if he persists with playing the german upfront, its not going to improve anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      if he persists with playing the german upfront, its not going to improve anytime soon.
      There's clearly a problem with JET (and I really don't buy the fitness line). Why else would JFH drop him and NW before that? The mystery is he'd been in such a rich vein of form prior to that.

Comment

I don't know whether the modern game demands ALL players have to bust a gut for 90+ minutes. It isn't JET's style. Much like the laid back style of Rodney Marsh. Would Rodders struggle to get in this team?
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Don't think there are to many negatives to be honest , gutted about yesterday but we should of won and it's only our naive players that lost it. They will learn (hopefully)

Comment

We will get better and better, just give him time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              There's clearly a problem with JET (and I really don't buy the fitness line). Why else would JFH drop him and NW before that? The mystery is he'd been in such a rich vein of form prior to that.
              Stan there's a call for JET at the moment but those that calling for him as though he's going to be the next messiah are overlooking that he doesn't come universally recommended Mc carthy doesn't rate him Brizzle fans said he doesn't play many games Gooner fans said he was lazy , I dearly hope he's turned this corner but I feel he could be in for the same treatment as Polter

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Stan there's a call for JET at the moment but those that calling for him as though he's going to be the next messiah are overlooking that he doesn't come universally recommended Mc carthy doesn't rate him Brizzle fans said he doesn't play many games Gooner fans said he was lazy , I dearly hope he's turned this corner but I feel he could be in for the same treatment as Polter
                Tbf mate I haven't seen a single comment that comes anywhere near to claiming JET is going to be "the next Messiah"? Plenty think he is a better option up top than Polter when Austin is injured, that's all. JET filled in for Austin earlier in the season and done very very well. He is, in my opinion, a FAR better option than Polter. Don't think he's a world beater, but more than adequate replacement for Charlie for a few games .
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Don't think there are to many negatives to be honest , gutted about yesterday but we should of won and it's only our naive players that lost it. They will learn (hopefully)
                  Hopefully they will learn but I think it boils down to lack of fitness and lack of concentration as we concede far to often
                  towards the end of games.

Comment

As usual we write off a player after having played maybe half a dozen games give him a chance.....who Poulter

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      As usual we write off a player after having played maybe half a dozen games give him a chance.....who Poulter
                      Mate it's not "writing off " it's simply stating what is blindingly obvious - he just ain't up to it. You can't think otherwise surely?!
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

poulter must seriously up his game , what i've seen of him he's slow , can't head or trap a ball. i hope he can prove me wrong tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Does that mean we have to wait until Easter for his next 'coming'

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Tbf mate I haven't seen a single comment that comes anywhere near to claiming JET is going to be "the next Messiah"? Plenty think he is a better option up top than Polter when Austin is injured, that's all. JET filled in for Austin earlier in the season and done very very well. He is, in my opinion, a FAR better option than Polter. Don't think he's a world beater, but more than adequate replacement for Charlie for a few games .
                            Matty it was in answer to Stan saying there has to be more to why he's been ignored by 1st Warnock and now JFH they don't seem to agree with you , no there have been no comments saying JET is the next messiah but there's been a hell of a clamber for him to be chosen over Polter and that's where there's a mystery about his absence

Comment

No positives since hasslebank has been in control imo none
                              a couple of draws at home the brighton game we were lucky austin got us the pt
                              Bristol away poor pt and a now hes first loss
                              R's

Comment

Working...
                              X