Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise to Brizzle !

A quick story to share from yesterday
    For various reasons I got totally lost on the way to the station and, feeling increasingly wrong and virtually nobody about as the rain poured down, I asked a guy for directions. Turned out he was American, had been at the game and was lost as well . Whilst on a walk which resembled the Bristol marathon, it transpired that he was on a holiday attending as many football games as he could (he even used the correct term).For some reason best known only to him he had chosen our game and expected to pay on the door. Finding it was sold out, He tried, in an understandably naive way to negotiate the purchase of a "returned'" ticket nearer to kick off time, the box office staff were somewhat confused. However, when he told them he was on a football holiday from America, and he was fulfilling something of a dream, not only did they find him a good seat, they refused any money for it. City gained a new fan( I did point out that QPR were clearly a better choice) , but his already positive view of us Brits was confirmed. Well done City! It topped off a really enjoyable day for me. And yes, I did catch a train eventually.

I like stories like that. Confirms my faith in humanity.

Comment

Nice, well done City!
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news, I guess City have just won themselves a fan for life.

Well Done City!

Comment

Funny enough there was a story on sky sports football,show about a bloke who's mad rangers travelling 5000 odd miles from some island to watch the game as well. What are the chances of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Funny enough there was a story on sky sports football,show about a bloke who's mad rangers travelling 5000 odd miles from some island to watch the game as well. What are the chances of that.
            I did see that, think they took it from twitter.

Comment

That is blinding. Was half worried reading it that he was jogged on and not allowed in.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

He went to the game at Swansea today. Let's hope they kept up the good work!( must confess to some doubt on that one, but at least the singing will be more in tune and better than the dreaded Worzels).

Comment

Good on em. Fair play. Top gesture.

Comment

whoever gave sorted him the tkt should be put in charge of the away seating never seen such a farce at a football match

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      whoever gave sorted him the tkt should be put in charge of the away seating never seen such a farce at a football match
                      You're right there, but it did give just about the only interesting action in the first half!

Comment

true

Comment

Top stuff-nice to hear. He should go to stamford bridge and pretend he played for them in the 90's....no one will know!!!
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Yes sit where you like in sold out away end was not the best idea from the bumpkins

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Yes sit where you like in sold out away end was not the best idea from the bumpkins
                              I honestly dont think there were enough seats anyway for our support as we stood in one of the aisles with many others and every seat was taken

Cann believe the home fans put up with stand for yeas either as getting a pint or #### was nearly impossible as it was so cramped

Comment

Working...
                              X