JET and Chery v Polter and Fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET and Chery v Polter and Fer

JET and Chery are two of the teams top goal scorers this campaign; Polter and Fer between them have like two points, the latter down I believe to one. What's the rationale for benching our goal scorers in favor of Polter (who I believe may have future potential) and Fer (who all season has looked non-threatening with the ball)?

For Ipswich, if Charlie is still not healthy, at the very least start with JET and Polter, then bring Chery on in the second half before, unlike today, there's almost no time left on the clock (that was a bizarre, if not inexplicable, decision by JFH).

Maybe Jimmy is trying out Polter today, he subbed him for JET so there's a hint at his analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
      Maybe Jimmy is trying out Polter today, he subbed him for JET so there's a hint at his analysis.
      I understand trying out Polter, but with Fer behind him it makes it all so much more difficult. Either start JET AND Polter, or JET and Chery. The team has been starving for goals the past six games and now, shorn of Charlie, we must have assumed a one goal effort by us away might likely be the ceiling; and winning games with just one goal, regardless of the opposition, is a strategy that has no room for ANY error.

Comment

Chery has to come in for Three Touch. We are not that good a team without Charkie and Sandro. As my mate says Kelvin and Faurlin are a poor quality pairing. If Sandro is out then Luongo has to play next to Faurlin. It's a no brainer.

Comment

Forget Polter over 90m.

Bench at best. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            It's a no brainer.
            Chery and Luongo need more pitch time. Decent players. Will it happen? I hope JFH is as good as his word re developing younger squad players.

Comment

Tbh I think this thread is really spot on... Even when you throw hoilett into the mix who even by my own admission is starting to look ok but his fers and posters stats don't add up compared to the other two.

Cherry is in and out of the game but as a number 10 he can make things happen and we need that. Jet has also shown he can score yet when Charlie's out we decide to also bench our 2nd and 3rd top goal scorers and it just doesn't add up imo.

Comment

Fer has to be dropped for me wether it's for Chery or Luongo. Hasn't done enough to merit his place in my view. Luongo was much fot effective in that role.

Comment

Polter set up Hoilett's goal so don't damn him just yet

Comment

Polter is our new scapegoat.^^
                    Last edited by Shania; 19-12-2015, 07:55 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

anyone go with an opinion on Seb Poulters contribution?
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Give the guy a chance, his first game for us.

Comment

Shocking effort from Fer today. I looked up 30mins into second half and realised he was still on the pitch he was that anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Shocking effort from Fer today. I looked up 30mins into second half and realised he was still on the pitch he was that anonymous
                            This. Needs to be dropped and a kick up the ####.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              His been like that for a few games now hasn't he?

Comment

Working...
                              X