No announcement yet.

JFH on Hoilett & Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always said we played him in the wrong position, just because he has a bit of pace doesn't mean wide by default.... I'd like to see him run at defenders from a much more central start point. Nice for Chaz too.
    Last edited by hal9thou; 17-12-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Hoillet's development stalled here because of Redknapp's training methods here imo. A comfy wage & distractions that you don't find in Blackburn probably played a part too but he can certainly make a contribution here.

Hopefully we can develop young players that we can take some pride in under JFH.

Comment

Maybe his improved performance is down to it being the last year of his contract

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Maybe his improved performance is down to it being the last year of his contract
          Na no councidence he started playing well as soon as NW showed up, almost like a switch. JH is a confidence player who needs man management and to be told he's good and thats exactly what NW's good at.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Like CA, Junior is in the final year of his contract and can leave for free in the summer. That's two very important players for us atm. However, if we miss on promotion, its very likely that many others will follow those two in the summer!

Comment

I've been very critical of Hoilett but I think he's looked very good in the last couple of games. Maybe it's just cos his contract is in it's last 6 months and he's in the shop window, or maybe Hasselbaink has stirred something up in him. I still think he's being played out of position, he's a liability in midfield for me. I'd like to see him pushed further up top and scaring centre backs with his pace!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Na no councidence he started playing well as soon as NW showed up, almost like a switch. JH is a confidence player who needs man management and to be told he's good and thats exactly what NW's good at.
                Completely agree - position, training etc. got nothing to do with it...it's all about man management - which is why Mourinho is watching daytime TV now

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  Like CA, Junior is in the final year of his contract and can leave for free in the summer. That's two very important players for us atm. However, if we miss on promotion, its very likely that many others will follow those two in the summer!
                  if we are in a bright spot come the end of the season (top 6 or promo) and its looking like it would be wise to keep Hoilett, then we should definitely give him a 1 year on low wages with massive bonus incentives
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

The guy is on Champions League wages and has rarely looked anything beyond mediocre Championship standard. Even now, in these past few weeks, he's just about good enough to keep the inconsistent Chery out of the team but no more. Still very little end product. We've just set the bar so ridiculously low for this utter waster that even basic competence and interest gets appreciative purrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      I still think he's being played out of position, he's a liability in midfield for me. I'd like to see him pushed further up top and scaring centre backs with his pace!
                      Again, which was his position at Blackburn.

I remember we used to have exactly the same debate over Akos Buszaky. Our only manager to play him in his best position was Di Canio, which was why that was by far his best period for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Again, which was his position at Blackburn.
                        He used to shoot at Blackburn too.

Comment

Working...
                        X