What a fickle lot fans are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fickle lot fans are....

...five or six years ago , before he joined us, Mr Warnock would have been called 'Colin' by us all. Now he's 'Neil' and a 'Legend'.

Nonsense.

The people that called him "Colin" (a small minority, even then) still do. They're just quieter. You can't just say that all Rs fans used to call him it and now they don't.

I, for 1, have never called him Colin and I know that the vast majority haven't either.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That's football I'm afraid the fans have always been fickle

Comment

Before he came i was never his biggest fan but after what he did for us and slightly harsh dismissal he will always be up their as one of our best managers.

this little cameo has only gone on to cement that..he obviously has deep affection for the club how many times did he say on sky last night ..I love this club..or its a great club....

I hope the Club find some way of keeping him but i think that it is unlikely...

Next reading Manager anyone? or even worse Fulham....!!

Comment

Wouldnt say it was fickle. at that time he came with a persona of being a bit of a Colin. He has turned that round with the way he has handled the club. No1 can join a club a legend, so fair play to him.

When we did appoint him, i was happy as it seemed by getting a manager that was in work, we were surely past the the point where we sacked someone within 10 games if it wernt going right. He wasnt my first choice and i had my reservations, but he has been a true legend for us since joining and has all my thanks.

Comment

Nick names stick through thick and thin. It's not a comment either way. I remember Simon Barker being called Mavis even when he was a first pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              Nick names stick through thick and thin. It's not a comment either way. I remember Simon Barker being called Mavis even when he was a first pick.
              He did look like her though.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                He did look like her though.
                Cruel but true.....

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  Before he came i was never his biggest fan but after what he
                  did for us and slightly harsh dismissal he will always be up their as one of our best managers.

this little cameo has only gone on to cement that..he obviously has deep affection for the club how many times did he say on sky last night ..I love this club..or its a great club....

I hope the Club find some way of keeping him but i think that it is unlikely...

Next reading Manager anyone? or even worse Fulham....!!
                  "Slightly harsh"....? Slight understatement.

Comment

The most mistaken opinion I've ever had regarding the Rs was supporting Neil's sacking after MK Dons. Actually calling for it. Shame on me. How wrong can you be? Best manager since Venables. Including Francis.

Comment

I will never forget and forgive him for buying Diouf, but I admit he is Mr. QPR for me and many others.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

'Colin' is usually used by those fans who have never had him as their manager or people who know nothing about the man and think it is funny (not)
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          I will never forget and forgive him for buying Diouf, but I admit he is Mr. QPR for me and many others.
                          Although I agree with you Shania, Leeds are a club where the manager has little or no say in anything, especially transfers
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                            ...five or six years ago , before he joined us, Mr Warnock would have been called 'Colin' by us all. Now he's 'Neil' and a 'Legend'.
                            Speak for yourself mate, I have never called him Colin, and never will.

46 season's being a non fickle as well.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

whatever.... called him colin then, call him colin now. i love puerile anagram and that's that.

steadied ship when he arrived.

out of his depth in the prem with us. would have taken us down... i have no doubt whatsoever about it. it wasn't a harsh sacking, disloyal maybe, but harsh? no.

seems to have steadied ship again, although i still think we shouldn't have to choose between having a competent defence and a potent attack (don't buy into colin's claim that we have no attacking options aside from chaz).

happy he was able to go this time with people wanting more... much more suitable way to leave things imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X