No announcement yet.

Hoilett behind front man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should ask each player where they enjoy playing most, this just shows by playing players out of position they go from being good to really bad.

Surely it is better to play a player that is half as good but enjoys that position then sticking a player who don't want to be there?

It's basics but...

Comment

Dont think it quite fair to label this as "being mis managed" for 4 years. Couldn't have helped the bloke when people were on his case week in, week out and booing him.

Will reserve judgement to see if he can get a bit of consistency going.

I am assuming his contract is coming to an end soon? Not pointing the finger at him just yet, but funny how so many players suddenly turn it on the season their contract is up. Of course he has a long way to go yet to completely turn things around for his so far disappointing qpr career, but im behind him and hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I don't think Hoilett deserves to be dropped at the moment, and for me, Chery looks like he can make more of an impact coming off the bench.
        I 100% dont expect him to be either, with NW controlling the squad.

However JFH may have different opinions on this and may shake it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          I 100% dont expect him to be either, with NW controlling the squad.

However JFH may have different opinions on this and may shake it up again.
          Yeah, fair point. Either way, Chery or Fer are decent in that position, we have a bit of strength in depth in midfield. I hope Hoilett continues to be given a chance though.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Yeah, fair point. Either way, Chery or Fer are decent in that position, we have a bit of strength in depth in midfield. I hope Hoilett continues to be given a chance though.
            Gives you options when Fer is back etc.

Comment

Think Chery still needs to get to grips with the championship, hence NW not playing him. Thought Hoilett has done well when he has started recently and brings raw pace into that forwards position which us vital IMO. Also think Hoilett has tracked back well when needed which is something Chery needs to work on. Glad it now looks like we have decent options in these positions and with Charlie back to fitness Phillips can be moved back to the wing where I think he is strongest. Just look at the difference in his performance on Saturday after Charlie and Chery come on as one example.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Chery there was miles better. Holliet starts on the left for me. Could change it around during the game though.
                Spot on. Chery should play behind the striker - best player we have for that position at the club IMO.

Hoilett played well on Saturday but I'd have him on the wing, Phillips on the other and interchange them throughout the game. Austin in and around the box as the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Spot on. Chery should play behind the striker - best player we have for that position at the club IMO.

Hoilett played well on Saturday but I'd have him on the wing, Phillips on the other and interchange them throughout the game. Austin in and around the box as the target.
                  He was massively lazy 'at points' for me on Saturday unless the ball was in the final third. He lost the ball at a key moment in the game and looked very sluggish at getting back to retrieve it again.

No doubt he has quality, but as it stands Junior is playing well there.

Comment

Chery is netter than hoilett and scores goals and offers assists.

Dont like hoilett much at all but there has been a improved performance level from him under warnock which is obviously good for us and another option. However Chery should be played in front of him every day of the week imo.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Chery is netter than hoilett and scores goals and offers assists.

Dont like hoilett much at all but there has been a improved performance level from him under warnock which is obviously good for us and another option. However Chery should be played in front of him every day of the week imo.
                      Again, agreed here. Hoilett is being 'raved' about because its a surprise, but I reckon in the long run, Chery should be there all week long.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Again, agreed here. Hoilett is being 'raved' about because its a surprise, but I reckon in the long run, Chery should be there all week long.
                        Its based on form and attitude tbh and rightly so.

It surprises me that suddenly fans want Chery back in because of talent on paper, but one bad game and he will be criticized because its all about pride and effort.

For me Chery wasn't putting a shift in every game and for every good game he had, he then a bad one. Hoilet has clearly impressed since NW took over, got his chance in the formation which requires wide players and then wasnt dropped and he was rewarded for his efforts. (Rightly so btw)

It sends the wrong signals by dropping him right now, it also shows how fickle people can be.

Comment

Its based on form and attitude tbh and rightly so.

It surprises me that suddenly fans want Chery back in because of talent on paper, but one bad game and he will be criticized because its all about pride and effort.

For me Chery wasn't putting a shift in every game and for every good game he had, he then a bad one. Hoilet has clearly impressed since NW took over, got his chance in the formation which requires wide players and then wasnt dropped and he was rewarded for his efforts. (Rightly so btw)

It sends the wrong signals by dropping him right now, it also shows how fickle people can be.
                          Personally think Ramsey played Chery in the wrong position. I want to see him back in the side in the number 10 role but can see Fer being preferred and Chery back on the wing/bench.

Comment

Personally think Ramsey played Chery in the wrong position. I want to see him back in the side in the number 10 role but can see Fer being preferred and Chery back on the wing/bench.
                            Agreed - he is a number 10, a proper luxury player who can unlock a defense or score a scream.

Trouble is, Hoillet is playing very well but there is every chance that he will get pushed back out wide for Reading game. (Just hope he doesnt get dropped)

With Yun probably injured its likely / should be.

Phillips, Faurlin, Sandro, Hoilett

Chery or Fer

Austin

Comment

Agreed - he is a number 10, a proper luxury player who can unlock a defense or score a scream.

Trouble is, Hoillet is playing very well but there is every chance that he will get pushed back out wide for Reading game. (Just hope he doesnt get dropped)

With Yun probably injured its likely / should be.

Phillips, Faurlin, Sandro, Hoilett

Chery or Fer

Austin
                              I'd take that line up but would like to see Chery instead of Fer. Think Chery is far more creative than Fer.

Comment

I'd take that line up but would like to see Chery instead of Fer. Think Chery is far more creative than Fer.
                                I'm not bothered either way, I think Chery will be likely to unlock a better pass and show a little more flair in the part of the field. But Fer will get stuck in more, do more running for the team.

I think back 4 is now settling down, the midfield isnt far from this.

Its a shame but I dont see where luongo fits currently, playing him out wide is criminal as well tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X