Hoilett behind front man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoilett behind front man

Looked very good there yesterday as he could dance either side and that was position he had a great pre season in before Harry scrapped pre season efforts and went back to the drawing board

We've been playing him in the wrong position all the time he has been with us. As is the norm Rangers poor management contributes to players rapid decline in form once they have signed

Agree, he looked far better yesterday, needs to keep this up
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Main issue is that we have Fer, Chery and Hoilett now vying for their preferred position. Unless Chery develops more consistency playing on the left, I can't see Hoilett getting a consistent run for very long.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Looked very good there yesterday as he could dance either side and that was position he had a great pre season in before Harry scrapped pre season efforts and went back to the drawing board

We've been playing him in the wrong position all the time he has been with us. As is the norm Rangers poor management contributes to players rapid decline in form once they have signed
        100% that was the second preseason HR wasted, the other was the 3 at the back. I said a few weeks ago that if I had th choice between, Hoilett and Phillips I would pick Hoillet to work with, he has more ball skills, we have to so careful about the next manager, he has to continue the good man management work carried out by NW and Blackwall.
        Last edited by californiahoop; 29-11-2015, 07:27 PM.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

I called this years ago when people moaned,he played a couple of good games behind the front man when Hughes was here,I remember playing good Spurs away one year,his biggest problems have been injuries and managers playing him wide when it's quite clear he can't cross a ball

Comment

The thing is Chery also played very well in that position when he came on yesterday, so Hoilett has strong competition in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Main issue is that we have Fer, Chery and Hoilett now vying for their preferred position. Unless Chery develops more consistency playing on the left, I can't see Hoilett getting a consistent run for very long.
              Counter argument is that although having more games this season neither Fer or Chery have done enough in those games to claim the position and I would say Hoilett was more involved, threatening and influential then the other two have been so far

Comment

Counter argument is that although having more games this season neither Fer or Chery have done enough in those games to claim the position and I would say Hoilett was more involved, threatening and influential then the other two have been so far
                Very true, although I think that is a harsh assessment on the Dutch pair. Think they haven't had much of a crack with NW so we shall wait and see. Hope to see hoilett play once more in that role on thursday and then see the other 2 get two games each to stake their claims in that position before the halfway point of the season. Then we can really see who we should go with.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

played well y'day but needs to do it every game . he's been poor for years

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Very true, although I think that is a harsh assessment on the Dutch pair. Think they haven't had much of a crack with NW so we shall wait and see. Hope to see hoilett play once more in that role on thursday and then see the other 2 get two games each to stake their claims in that position before the halfway point of the season. Then we can really see who we should go with.
                    Hear your point Nas but if he playing there and we'll the others need to wait no place for sentiment he's got the shirt on SATs effort and its for him to give it up. Someone like him is a confidence player so can't dip him in and out

Comment

Chery there was miles better. Holliet starts on the left for me. Could change it around during the game though.

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
                        I called this years ago when people moaned,he played a couple of good games behind the front man when Hughes was here,I remember playing good Spurs away one year,his biggest problems have been injuries and managers playing him wide when it's quite clear he can't cross a ball
                        I have always said he is not a winger. As you say, he cant cross the ball well enough to play on either wing. If he is to play it had to be behind the striker.

Comment

Remember when he was on fire at Blackburn? Yes he played behind the striker! But there is a lot of competion as already said there so it's tough choice for manager but a good one to have

Comment

- Spot on.

Massive improvement from the guy and looked more confident in this role. For me, he works a lot harder than Chery.........

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                              - Spot on.

Massive improvement from the guy and looked more confident in this role. For me, he works a lot harder than Chery.........
                              I don't think Hoilett deserves to be dropped at the moment, and for me, Chery looks like he can make more of an impact coming off the bench.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2