Busy bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy bench

Following Blackwell spending the whole match on his feet at Boro we had a lively bench again today. They say the manager can't do much once the team crosses the line but it clearly makes a difference to have effort, encouragement and enthusiasm coming across to the players.

You left out personality. Ramsey's was that of a wet blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
      personality and rapport, essential when leading a team, i've worked for some proper knuts who pose as team leaders before.

Comment

Totally agree with the above.

I think we are moving forward which obviously means the board will now screw it all up and bring in a unknown.

Comment

I was watching Blackwell warming up with the players before the game as well and liked the look of what he was doing a lot!
          "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
            I was watching Blackwell warming up with the players before the game as well and liked the look of what he was doing a lot!
            Happier looking players too. Spirit.

Comment

Ramsey was never a capable appointment. Proof is to be seen in defensive performnces since Warnock returned. The same set of defenders have kept 4 clean sheets at home compared to 2 per game under the youth team coach.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman;1491554[B
                ]Ramsey was never a capable appointment.[/B] Proof is to be seen in defensive performnces since Warnock returned. The same set of defenders have kept 4 clean sheets at home compared to 2 per game under the youth team coach.
                Slightly unfair to say, he's clearly a good coach but just not cut out for the big job yet. (Might never be...)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing here..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Slightly unfair to say, he's clearly a good coach but just not cut out for the big job yet. (Might never be...)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing here..
                  No mate I had the foresight to say it was a sh1t appointment from day one. We were basically accepting relegation. He was our Terry Connor.

Comment

No mate I had the foresight to say it was a sh1t appointment from day one. We were basically accepting relegation. He was our Terry Connor.
                    I didn't realise I quoted you there, but all the same... 'If yaaa say so'

Comment

I didn't realise I quoted you there, but all the same... 'If yaaa say so'
                      Iiii do .

Comment

Iiii do .
                        Can you predict how well each of these managers will do IF they get the job please, TA.
                        1. JFH
                        2. Warnock
                        3. Pearson
                        4. Nigel Adkins (For the sake of someone who has been banging on about him..)
                        5. Kenny Jacket
                        6. Gary Rowett

Comment

Can you predict how well each of these managers will do IF they get the job please, TA.
                          1. JFH
                          2. Warnock
                          3. Pearson
                          4. Nigel Adkins (For the sake of someone who has been banging on about him..)
                          5. Kenny Jacket
                          6. Gary Rowett
                          I'll just do Jimmy as I think it's him and I'm a busy man!
                          He'll be a fantastic appointment, he's going to be a top manager imo.

Comment

Comment

Oh come, do it for me. Go on, put your neck on the line! (I have plenty of time..)

JFH - He'll be a fantastic appointment, he's going to be a top manager imo (It would be nice for you to predict the outcome though, like you predicted Ramsey before he had the job)
                              Warnock
                              Pearson
                              Nigel Adkins
                              Kenny Jacket
                              Gary Rowett

Comment

Working...
                              X