Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearson's team is top of the premiership.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Leicester were nailed on for relegation this time last season. Amazing isn't it.
    Just maybe a new manager is what they needed?

Comment

Moyes for me, proven record finding talent in the lower leagues, Pearson is the second shout, Rodgers has built nothing, he is a good manager but I suspect our set up, or lack of it, would be to much for him?
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
        Funny old game football, mardrid 0 Barcelona 4
        Suarez, neymar and messi not really mate best attacking 3 in the world
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Premiership leaders right back today? Danny Simpson. Who we kicked out of the club two yeas ago and have never had a recognised right back since. What a strange club Rangers are.

Comment

Scary but true!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Do you think we're an attractive option for these managers?

Comment

I take the point about Pearson, but not Rodgers. Under Rodgers, and without Suarez, Liverpool have looked clueless, and even with Suarez they had a shambolic defence. The difference that Klopp has made since he arrived shows what a really good manager can do. For that reason, I'm not so keen on Rodgers as others. But I'd still take Pearson, if, as it seems, talks between him and Fulham broke down - although there's a lot of confused reporting in the media as to whether Reading are after him, whether Steve Clarke is going to Fulham.. some reports even seem to think Fulham and Reading are the same club!

Comment

Pearson to Newcastle I guess.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

I'm just curious to get this straight because it is really confusing for me personally. Regarding Pearson, people are saying it's his team that is now top of the table. And while quite a few of their starting lineup were brought in by him, he is not the manager there at the top of the table, Ranieri is. If he was such a great manager, he'd have been able to accomplish what Ranieri is doing now. Instead, Pearson had one run all season that just about kept them up.
                    I think we are all in agreement that with the players we have, on paper (whether they perform or not is another question), we should be winning this league and I'd say capable of staying up with one or two additions. But if we go with Pearson, are we saying we want a manager who is going to rebuild the team again to his vision, then, assuming we get promotion this year or next, we end up in the relegation zone again because a manager doesn't know how to get the best out of his players? So what, do we get Pearson in, go up, then replace him again to make sure we don't get relegated? People are looking to go with a manager who, until the end of the season, had fewer league wins than us. Why? Because the team he managed a year ago and barely kept up are now performing well with a good manager?
                    This screams to me as hiring a scout as a manager instead of hiring a manager who can scout. Pearson is the last thing we need. With all the money he had at Leicester, he should have gone up. Between 2011/12 and 14/15, they've spent 33mil (average spend of 8mil per season. We know how bad Harry was for us, we know how bad Hughes was for us, they both spent ludicrous money building teams that should have done better and they didn't. We can put the blame on the managers and the players in these scenarios because we haven't truly performed since. But in Leicester's case, the fact that 'his' team is performing so well under someone else shows me that he isn't the right manager to lead us long term.
                    People will have the same argument against Rodgers, but I put this to you, a manager of a team of that initial size and history demands a lot of a manager. Rodgers is not the manager they needed and Liverpool was not the club he needed. What he - and moyes - need is a club with talent built in (which we have) who they can gain the respect of (we had Ramsey so these guys will get respect) and with clear goals, unlike Liverpool's. Managers who don't do a mass rebuild but work with what they have (which will now be a decent budget which doesn't push our boundaries thanks to Lee Hoos) and make the most of it, as demonstrated by their previous clubs. Rodgers and Moyes and a few other names fit this bill, I'm sure the owners have made it aware that we can't afford more rebuilds. Lets hope they believe in our project. But Nigel Pearson has not proven himself enough to make him warrant being the man on our touchline and Ranieri's success is proving that.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                    X