38% possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    It's not his job to score the goals for us to win games, its his job for us not to concede and given our previous record, 3 goals in 322 minutes is a godsend.
    As long as your happy. My thinking is... If we don't score we won't win. This is all very nice that we only conceded 3 goals in so many minutes, but if we're not scoring the other end it doesn't count for nothing. We had 9 defensive players on the pitch yesterday, we still conceded.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      As long as your happy. My thinking is... If we don't score we won't win. This is all very nice that we only conceded 3 goals in so many minutes, but if we're not scoring the other end it doesn't count for nothing. We had 9 defensive players on the pitch yesterday, we still conceded.
      Yes and that was a penalty to be fair.

Comment

That wasn't the point at all, the point was that you said Sandro was awful. That's incorrect. Now you change the subject to something irrelevant to the point. Sandro is a very important player for us and it shows when he's not on the pitch because we tend to concede significantly more without him. Just to prove the point, our minutes per goal conceded without him on the pitch is 54.9 minutes. He's actually halved our goals conceded per minute ratio. People complained before when we were scoring but conceding loads, now we are doing the opposite, they're complaining that they miss the previous situation. Soon we will find a balance and we will constantly win.

Also, you're wrong about the last point, when the goal was conceded, this was the 11: Green, Perch, Onuoha, Hall, Konch, Phillips, Henry, Tozser, Yun, Fer, Jet. Of those, only the back 4 plus henry and yun are defensive players (Tozser is a creative player made to play a defensive role but not a defensive player in the way faurlin is).
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          That wasn't the point at all, the point was that you said Sandro was awful. That's incorrect. Now you change the subject to something irrelevant to the point. Sandro is a very important player for us and it shows when he's not on the pitch because we tend to concede significantly more without him. Just to prove the point, our minutes per goal conceded without him on the pitch is 54.9 minutes. He's actually halved our goals conceded per minute ratio. People complained before when we were scoring but conceding loads, now we are doing the opposite, they're complaining that they miss the previous situation. Soon we will find a balance and we will constantly win.

Also, you're wrong about the last point, when the goal was conceded, this was the 11: Green, Perch, Onuoha, Hall, Konch, Phillips, Henry, Tozser, Yun, Fer, Jet. Of those, only the back 4 plus henry and yun are defensive players (Tozser is a creative player made to play a defensive role but not a defensive player in the way faurlin is).
          Getting excited again Nas, calm down.. Let's not start with who's wrong and who is right because I've seen your posts. I'm stating what I saw with my own eyes, I thought he was awful.. My opinion, don't try to change my mind.

Thought Toszer played DM? Probably wrong again.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Getting excited again Nas, calm down.. Let's not start with who's wrong and who is right because I've seen your posts. I'm stating what I saw with my own eyes, I thought he was awful.. My opinion, don't try to change my mind.

Thought Toszer played DM? Probably wrong again.
            I'm not trying to change your mind mate but I'm just stating that everything suggests that we are more solid with Sandro in the side than without him. Toszer seems limited when he plays that role, he looks like someone who prefers being higher up the pitch or not having to be bounded by his defensive duties.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Was Austins injury a last minute change.

Comment

The fact is that with a very low % of possession you have to be absolutely iron cast at the back.

There are teams who can give the ball back and batten down the hatches (Mourhino's Inter) and still get a result.

That approach wont help us because we aren't in that class at the back. We have to learn to keep the ball, Naz's own stats clearly demonstrated that possession is not one of our strong points. Without it, the only way is down.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  The fact is that with a very low % of possession you have to be absolutely iron cast at the back.

There are teams who can give the ball back and batten down the hatches (Mourhino's Inter) and still get a result.

That approach wont help us because we aren't in that class at the back. We have to learn to keep the ball, Naz's own stats clearly demonstrated that possession is not one of our strong points. Without it, the only way is down.
                  Agreed but I think for some odd reason, it worked really well. They held possession in areas where doing so was useless. They didn't get it into positions where they could do much with it. In the long run however, we have to be holding at least 55% at our worst. We can't let teams even try and attack us.

Comment

Working...
                  X