Players maybe weren't that happy either

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players maybe weren't that happy either

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Massimo Luongo has told the Sydney Morning Herald that training improved immediately after Chris Ramsey’s departure.

Ramsey was dismissed as QPR boss last week, after a defeat to Derby County left the team in 13th place in the Championship table.

The R’s placed Neil Warnock in temporary charge, and Luongo says that big changes were made under a new coaching regime.

"The next session is a lot more lively because guys are trying to impress and smash people trying to get their positions," Luongo said.

View image | gettyimages.com

"Chris Ramsey had a lot of different styles in the way he coached because he was really involved in everything.

"It was a big change, the next session, we had a lot of shape in the next game."

Ramsey fell under pressure at QPR after their poor start to the campaign left them trailing the play-off pack by a considerable distance.

The R’s have made no secret of their desire to mount a promotion push, but they have ground to make up if they are to get into the top-six now.

SEE ALSO: Download the brand new HITC Sport Live App: An essential live scores and news companion

Warnock’s first match in charge saw QPR draw 0-0 with Preston North End, and the club are still looking at managerial targets to take over on a permanent basis.

Paul Lambert and Tim Sherwood have both been touted as potential candidates by The Telegraph, while Warnock has not ruled himself out of the running.

Also Greeno......Although he justs points out the difference in approach,.....but the telling comment I thought was he gets you playing more as team ....or something like that
    http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...tween-10417893

Whatever happened i don't like these sort of articles , don't think players should come out say things about training or the previous coach , dose provoke one serious question though, would you rather a hands on coach who maybe struggles to motivate or a motivator who isn't the best tactically?

Comment

I read his interview two times, still couldn't make head or tail of it, he sounds too diplomatically vague, which is of course a smart thing to do in this situation, but kind of renders the whole discourse next to useless IMHO.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        Whatever happened i don't like these sort of articles , don't think players should come out say things about training or the previous coach , dose provoke one serious question though, would you rather a hands on coach who maybe struggles to motivate or a motivator who isn't the best tactically?
        You want both ideally.....I look at it this way. If you can get a team playing together and for each other you will get further than being a "flip-chart, pen & paper manager"

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          I read his interview two times, still couldn't make head or tail of it, he sounds too diplomatically vague, which is of course a smart thing to do in this situation, but kind of renders the whole discourse next to useless IMHO.
          Green interview?....Cause yes I agree

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            You want both ideally.....I look at it this way. If you can get a team playing together and for each other you will get further than being a "flip-chart, pen & paper manager"
            But i what happens when the motivator cant motivate?

Comment

Green interview?....Cause yes I agree
              Yes, that too.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Good question.

I suppose the secret is to keep your "generals on the field" in the team and move on players that don't buy into your style.
                NW never seemed to have problems getting countless teams going, and he always used a certain type of player. Always had a Derry in mf.
                I mean he's not clueless when it comes to tactics, and is well liked by most players.
                The big advantage he has imo is, he can get lesser ability players to play above themselves, and I think if you have a few like that, they'll always be motivated by him.

Comment

guess this shows that it all depends on which bit of a press conference the journo listens to... another article gives a slightly less positive shine...

Massimo Luongo unsure of QPR future

Massimo Luongo is uncertain about where he fits into QPR’s new structure under new interim manager Neil Warnock.

Socceroos Asian Cup hero Massimo Luongo admits apprehension over his role at Queens Park Rangers now Neil Warnock has returned as caretaker manager. Luongo’s career has been soaring seemingly skywards since the instinctive young midfielder took January’s Asian Cup by storm with searing performances, along with a goal in the final that earned him the tournament’s best player award.

There is little doubt about the previously unheralded 23-year-old’s place in the Socceroos, with coach Ange Postecoglou starting him in Australia’s last three World Cup qualifiers. However Luongo is far less certain about where he fits into QPR’s new structure under Warnock, who is back at the helm as the Championship outfit’s interim boss after coach Chris Ramsey was sacked last week. In Warnock’s first match in charge on the weekend, Luongo sat on the bench as an unused substitute, forced to merely watch his team play out a listless goalless draw with Socceroos teammate Bailey Wright’s Preston North End.

He concedes a slight feeling of uncertainty has come with the departure of Ramsey, his former Tottenham academy mentor who was instrumental in bringing him to QPR from League One side Swindon Town after last season. “I probably had a discussion with a few people saying, how could this turn out for me? Could it be a good thing or a bad thing?” Luongo said in Canberra where he is in camp with the Socceroos preparing for World Cup qualifiers against Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh.

“You can’t really do much to be honest. If you’re doing well in training, if you’re playing well, then you’ve done everything you can, which I’ve done. So I’ve just got to wait for him to pick the team. Unfortunately I’m here now, so I can’t keep doing that. But it’s just the way it goes.”

Warnock took QPR to their 2011 Championship triumph and subsequent promotion to the Premier League, before they were relegated again at the end of last season. He now faces an uphill results battle, with the under-performing Rangers lagging in 13th on the table and 14 points behind leaders Hull City and Brighton.

Luongo wasn’t overly happy about being absent and unable to prove himself to a largely unknown coach. But he saw his time on international duty as a chance to re-centre before returning to press his case under noticeably changed circumstances at Loftus Road.

“It’s obviously a different set-up, different type of training and real shift in the team,” Luongo said. “But it comes with the job – you go through a lot of managers, especially in the Championship. You just get on with it. I just keep doing what I’m doing, and if he wants to pick me then he can pick me. I’ll still do my own thing regardless, in training or in the game.”

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015...re-qpr-future/

Comment

I've also seen a article saying Mass wants to move back to his favoured deeper midfielder position.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                      I've also seen a article saying Mass wants to move back to his favoured deeper midfielder position.
                      I think he should. He played better when deeper imo.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Looks to me like a lot of journalists putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, plus fans taking that 5, adding 2 and getting 8......

"The next session is a lot more lively because guys are trying to impress and smash people trying to get their positions," Luongo said.
                        To the OP, i suspect this quote has more to do with the improvement in training than any feelings against Ramsey

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        Luongo wasn’t overly happy about being absent and unable to prove himself to a largely unknown coach
                        Despite the fact that he cited Ramsey as one of the reasons he came to QPR after having worked with him in the Spurs youth team?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                          Despite the fact that he cited Ramsey as one of the reasons he came to QPR after having worked with him in the Spurs youth team?
                          jetman, i think the "largely unknown coach" in this instance is uncle colin (who is largely unknown to him) rather than ramsey... it's a reference to him no playing against pne (and not being able to prove himself on the pitch).

Comment

Just reinforces the notion that what people say and what they mean and how it is heard and written about and interpreted is one monumental Chinese whisper, or so my cousin's wife's half sister twice removed was overheard muttering to herself alone on a crowded dance floor or something

Comment

Working...
                            X