Big improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Haha we have some right planks supporting us I must say.

We hammered them first 25-30 mins & should of had the game dead & buried. Attacked with intent, some lovely moves put together, Hoilett for once taking on a man, and beating him, clean sheet, Green had one save to make, looked more alive to the ball, showed more passion, less individual mistakes, need I go on?

If Preston hadn't put 10 men behind the ball and actually came to play us we'd have 3 points, but credit to them, that was their game plan, but it takes nothing away from us. We looked more like a team today than most of our gams this season. Anyone who thinks a side who are low in confidence, leadership and in a poor league position are suddenly going to look like Barcelona after one training session with a new manager needs to give up watching football, as you haven't a clue.

For qprdad to use the word DISTRAUGHT you need your head testing.

Not ideal and with what we've got, we should beat teams like PNE BUT overall play for me was a big improvement on the shite we've been serve up this season. Looked like a team for once.
    Post of the day Jimmy, people want to look at one thing and refuse to see the bigger picture.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Post of the day Jimmy, people want to look at one thing and refuse to see the bigger picture.
      I give up with some of our fans I really do.

I actually don't think they watch the games, or if they do, they don't know what they're seeing. I'm not quite sure.

Comment

Haha we have some right planks supporting us I must say.

We hammered them first 25-30 mins & should of had the game dead & buried. Attacked with intent, some lovely moves put together, Hoilett for once taking on a man, and beating him, clean sheet, Green had one save to make, looked more alive to the ball, showed more passion, less individual mistakes, need I go on?

If Preston hadn't put 10 men behind the ball and actually came to play us we'd have 3 points, but credit to them, that was their game plan, but it takes nothing away from us. We looked more like a team today than most of our gams this season. Anyone who thinks a side who are low in confidence, leadership and in a poor league position are suddenly going to look like Barcelona after one training session with a new manager needs to give up watching football, as you haven't a clue.

For qprdad to use the word DISTRAUGHT you need your head testing.

Not ideal and with what we've got, we should beat teams like PNE BUT overall play for me was a big improvement on the shite we've been serve up this season. Looked like a team for once.
        Top post Jimmy. Agree with all of that. Some need a farking reality check.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

These. Some on here need their heads testing. There was a reason why we were screaming after Fulham, MKD, Brentford and Derby etc. We played today. And proved we can and will play better.

Comment

I actually don't think they watch the games, or if they do, they don't know what they're seeing. I'm not quite sure.
            Myopic, blinkered and see only what they want to, with zero perspective.

Comment

Too many think we should walk this league I'm afraid. We played so much better than in recent games and hopefully that will continue.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

There's a lot of that in football mate....Harry's dog had a bundle in a bank account!!! Warnock tried to get a game abandoned by telling his team to fake injuries which in my book is a bigger crime than telling someone who was calling his wife names to F off and die,being passionate about his team on match of the day is a plus and what his son does is not a reason to call Pearson poison..

Comment

Agree with most posts above. Think we looked much better and for me being solid and not conceding is just how we want to start under new era. If we're solid, we will always be in games and I think we have quality to win tight games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    These. Some on here need their heads testing. There was a reason why we were screaming after Fulham, MKD, Brentford and Derby etc. We played today. And proved we can and will play better.
                    A 0-0 draw is disappointing but the positives included a clean sheet again, the selection of Sandro Faurlin in cm as part of a 4-4-1-1 formation.
                    Henry at rb could also be a solution for that position.
                    Results will get better with this line-up.

Comment

Working...
                    X