Peter Crouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Crouch

Not getting a look in at Stoke so, bearing in mind other threads about getting back in it if we have a good second half of the season, we could do worse than get him back here. He fits our bill perfectly - old, expensive and ex-Spurs. He would give us something we haven't got - aerial presence - and if we continue to lack creativity at least we'd have someone to lump it up to. Always seems to have a goal in him too.

Maybe we could swap him and Walters for our jewel Sandro

Comment

Peter Crouch

Can't get into the Stoke side.
      Ideal replacement for Austin?

Comment

No. He will be 35 in January, bloke is well past. May well do a bit of a job in the very short term, but if we've learnt anything in the past few years it is surely to avoid such players?!

Unless he would sign a 1 year deal maximum on a small wage (which he wouldn't) then we would be mad to sign him.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

are you having a bubble

Comment

Less then ideal in my view think would be horrific compromise

Comment

Replacing Charlie Austin with an aging Peter crouch is a bit like selling your lambo and buying a Morris minor with go faster stripes on . It's a no from me

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                Replacing Charlie Austin with an aging Peter crouch is a bit like selling your lambo and buying a Morris minor with go faster stripes on . It's a no from me
                whoever comes in it is going to be a tough ride for them. Remember when we sold Parkes, Richardson his replacement, had a torrid time. Chris Woods who went on to play for England, fared no better either
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  whoever comes in it is going to be a tough ride for them. Remember when we sold Parkes, Richardson his replacement, had a torrid time. Chris Woods who went on to play for England, fared no better either
                  Certainly big boots to fill.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Everyyyyyyyyyy transfer windowwwwzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        for about the last 10 years!

Comment

Since 2000 and no doubt will pop again until the guy retires
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

And not even the first time this forthcoming window either.
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ghlight=crouch

Comment

Why do we want some Lanky striker who is on high wages who most likely won't start ahead of Charlie or JET in the case that Charlie leaves when we already have one on low wages.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X