No announcement yet.

Collymore says Sherwood is being sounded out by QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have taken Sherwood last season when we were in the sh*t, I think he was one of few managers that could have got us out of relegation. He has however got a horrible record of showing up, making an immediate impact then after a few months p*ssing people off, losing the dressing room and ultimately falling from grace pretty rapidly. Hiring this guy now would be another poor, short term decision.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Dont ask me why but I'd take Sherwood
      I think i know what you mean, he would provide some continuity to what CR and LF have put in place and knows them inside out as well. Perhaps Sherwood and Ramsey need each other, i think after tomorrow we may just be finding out.

Comment

A bit of passion would be nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          I think i know what you mean, he would provide some continuity to what CR and LF have put in place and knows them inside out as well. Perhaps Sherwood and Ramsey need each other, i think after tomorrow we may just be finding out.
          They did quite well together at Tottenham. Sherwood seems also willing to give young players a chance.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

If possible the club would be a bigger laughing stock if Tactics Tim comes in.

Brendon Rodgers would be a dream, but so unrealistic.

After watching Sean Derry on the fantasy football show Friday I would be open to him getting a chance. Likewise the likes of Ainsworth, etc. Could they make the step up and man manage our so called stars? who knows, but surely can't do no worse than the dross currently served up!

Why not go the route the likes of Watford, Boro, etc have done. A good coach from abroad no one has heard of. Then I guess asking our club to have scouts across the world looking at these types of managers and players like a proper football club is impossible.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I'd have taken Sherwood last season when we were in the sh*t, I think he was one of few managers that could have got us out of relegation. He has however got a horrible record of showing up, making an immediate impact then after a few months p*ssing people off, losing the dressing room and ultimately falling from grace pretty rapidly. Hiring this guy now would be another poor, short term decision.
              I'd take him but only on a non contract basis until the end of the season to see how it shapes up , the other 2 are just Bengal lancers maybe he could pull things together playing wise that would make L Fs plan look realistic

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                We can agree and disagree who want and don't want, but it's pointless.

The manager is still here and will remain.
                Next 10 games we have some very difficult ones coming. But in between them we have 2 home games we might pick up wins,
                which in turn will keep him here.
                So what do we hope for?...10 straight defeats? ..It'll be too late then. The bl**dy board must make this obviously difficult decision now!
                Wouldn't have thought any fan would hope for 10 straight defeats, but sadly doesn't surprise me with a few of our lot.

I can not understand anyone who wants Clint and Derry as assistant managers / joint managers. If the theory is that Ramsey is a "youth team coach" or "not up to it", why on earth would you want two people who are completely untested in them type of roles. No room for sentiment with Ferdinand, but apparently plenty of room for SD and CH? Double standards from many on here.

Friday was again poor, no arguing that. However, we hit the post and bar in first half and were dominating the last 25 minutes of the first half. If we could have got a goal then, perhaps would have been a different game. Actually thought Brentford were poor as well and a bit surprised they are on the run they are currently on playing like that.

Ramsey - I am personally on the fence now. I hate sacking managers and in most cases have the theory that people need time (over a season) to implement their style and players. That being said the situation may have become untenable and not sure a large support of our fans want him regardless of results now.

Timmy Sherwood - Clearly in the minority here, but i actually quite like him. At least you know where you stand with him. I disagree that he alienates players. Think from a few of the Villa players reactions, they really liked him. Would be hard for him as i doubt he would be given a fair chance with our supporters calling for his head from day one.

A bit of perspective - we are not sitting bottom of the league. We have no divined right to be rolling teams over. Ludicrous talk from many on here about how we should be walking away with the league.

As always, no farking idea what this has to do with Les Ferdinand. Personally thought we done great business in the summer. Buying / selling players this season is one area of the club i am very happy with.

I dont expect Ramsey to be gone anytime soon. With Warnock just coming in, makes no sense to keep changing personnel after a few games. They need time to work and think the board will give them that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Wouldn't have thought any fan would hope for 10 straight defeats, but sadly doesn't surprise me with a few of our lot.

I can not understand anyone who wants Clint and Derry as assistant managers / joint managers. If the theory is that Ramsey is a "youth team coach" or "not up to it", why on earth would you want two people who are completely untested in them type of roles. No room for sentiment with Ferdinand, but apparently plenty of room for SD and CH? Double standards from many on here.

Friday was again poor, no arguing that. However, we hit the post and bar in first half and were dominating the last 25 minutes of the first half. If we could have got a goal then, perhaps would have been a different game. Actually thought Brentford were poor as well and a bit surprised they are on the run they are currently on playing like that.

Ramsey - I am personally on the fence now. I hate sacking managers and in most cases have the theory that people need time (over a season) to implement their style and players. That being said the situation may have become untenable and not sure a large support of our fans want him regardless of results now.

Timmy Sherwood - Clearly in the minority here, but i actually quite like him. At least you know where you stand with him. I disagree that he alienates players. Think from a few of the Villa players reactions, they really liked him. Would be hard for him as i doubt he would be given a fair chance with our supporters calling for his head from day one.

A bit of perspective - we are not sitting bottom of the league. We have no divined right to be rolling teams over. Ludicrous talk from many on here about how we should be walking away with the league.

As always, no farking idea what this has to do with Les Ferdinand. Personally thought we done great business in the summer. Buying / selling players this season is one area of the club i am very happy with.

I dont expect Ramsey to be gone anytime soon. With Warnock just coming in, makes no sense to keep changing personnel after a few games. They need time to work and think the board will give them that.
                  We desperately NEED someone to give a rocket up the ar*e of some of our so called 'stars'! Pearson is that man! A nasty, big, no messing, old fashioned Centre Half, who IS a PROVEN MANAGER, not a proven Youth team Coach! He wouldn't stand for any nonsense. If you don't shape up, you ship out, simples!

Do we all want to put up with 'The Clown' playing Kalvin, Tos ser, Konchesky and now (everyone knows it's gonna happen as Clint is injured) Perch in the starting X1 week in week out for the rest of the season?

I for one certainly don't!

TF and Sir Les...Get him in now! Do it now before it's too late and we are cut adrift of the other teams fighting for the Play off places.

COYR!!!

Comment

Deluded , 3 reasons Pearson wont come here
                    1He wont work under a DOF
                    2 Fernandes cant afford him
                    3 He wont want to come here and risk his profile which has risen since last Feb

Comment

Would take Sherwood over Pearson. Dont like NP and he would bring more trouble and news stories that we really dont need.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        TBH, other than Capt Bell end (Sherwood), I'd take anyone with a bit of passion about the club and someone who would get the players playing for the club and the badge!

Anyone who won't just stand on the touchline, seemingly motionless, with their arms folded, looking lost and not having a clue of what to do next!

Comment

Maybe, but it wouldn't cost the Club anything to ask.

Comment

Number 2 is total utter rubbish imo. How come we can't afford people all of a sudden when we have spent more than any club of our size or position in the history of the game..?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Number 2 is total utter rubbish imo. How come we can't afford people all of a sudden when we have spent more than any club of our size or position in the history of the game..?
                              That's the very reason Mac ! or do you believe T F is ding these cuts out of choice

Comment

It's not can't afford, it's won't afford mate. They have shut the wallet cos the squad cost so much and should be good enough.
                                Though I'm certain they will splash out millions again when it all goes wrong with #RamseyOut

Comment

Working...
                                X