No announcement yet.

Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You certainly do see a lot of positives Nasser i will give you that.....Just be careful if you get an e-mail saying you won $3,000,000 on the Nigerian Lottery. No amount of stats will get you that money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
      You certainly do see a lot of positives Nasser i will give you that.....Just be careful if you get an e-mail saying you won $3,000,000 on the Nigerian Lottery. No amount of stats will get you that money.
      Damn, I was hopeful that Katenge wasn't lying to me :(. Ah well.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Nasser, where do you go for your pre match pint? Just interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Read up man, I've been told in this thread to take a break from the forum and re-evaluate.

I've told you my resources and where possible, I have posted some work I've looked at in interpreting them. I will tell you exactly the stat and what it means and I have no reason to lie. I'm not trying to make the club sound better than it is, I'm telling you exactly what exists. If someone asks me to find them something I will (A la Onuoha's pass success forward against Bolton I think). I don't want people thinking that I'm making them up as I go. I use Statszone and whoscored primarily but will occassionally delve into the database I got from EA when I need to.
          Keep posting, mate. You sometimes drive me nuts, because I can never see the game in the way that you do. I have the odd pop, but I'm not knocking you. In fact, tbh, I would love to be you.... To have left that game happy and contented, to think subbing Jet with Fer was brilliant tactics.... Oh boy. That would have been something....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Keep posting, mate. You sometimes drive me nuts, because I can never see the game in the way that you do. I have the odd pop, but I'm not knocking you. In fact, tbh, I would love to be you.... To have left that game happy and contented, to think subbing Jet with Fer was brilliant tactics.... Oh boy. That would have been something....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Haha cheers mate, I'll tell, I don't think its brilliant tactics but its the best we could have done with the situation. We did need to bring him off to be honest.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                Nasser, where do you go for your pre match pint? Just interested.
                I actually usually stay near home with a few mates before match. Most of them are R's fans and try to come to some games but its easy enough for me because I don't live too far from the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Well, not really because Fer also shows good positioning and finishing, as we have seen in the past. He's an accurate header of the ball and he makes smart runs and brings others into the game. Thats what you want in a striker. Thats what makes JET a good striker potentially and those are attributes that fer has shown. With that being said, of course I'd rather have him in midfield as that is his best position. But saying he can't be a good striker or that bringing him on shows that we had no ambition yesterday was ludicrous to me.
                  Since you like stats his goals scored reads very similar to someone like Viera.

It showed we had no ambition because we took off a striker for someone who plays in central midfield who is far from prolific.

I like your optimistic, but hes by far the most clueless manager we have had. Perhaps since you like stats you can let me his win% compared to contenders to most clueless rangers managers we have had e.g paul hart, gary waddock etc

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post

It showed we had no ambition because we took off a striker for someone who plays in central midfield who is far from prolific.

I like your optimistic, but hes by far the most clueless manager we have had. Perhaps since you like stats you can let me his win% compared to contenders to most clueless rangers managers we have had e.g paul hart, gary waddock etc
                    Mick Harford wins this hands down. Bloke was nuts. Saw him in a boozer in St Albans when he was No.2 to JG. Some of the things he was saying to me were scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post

We've already gone through their win records on many other threads.

As for his goalscoring record being like vieira's thats totally wrong. He's got double the goals per minute of Vieira and you are making that association based on physique instead of actual data.

Comment

• Got some great news for you Nasser.

The club have had the nerve to make the entire 90 minutes available on Player.

Have a lovely evening. xx

Comment

• Nasser. Just out of interest, assuming all the squad are fit, using all the stats and other information you have collected,plus what you have watched with your own eyes what would your starting 11 be and how would you line the team up.

Comment

• There are so many issues with last night's game, 4-6-0 is just the tip of the iceberg. The persistence in using Toszer, who is the least talented and worse defensively of all our midfielders. Yes, worse than Henry. Our best defensive midfielders, Faurlin and Doughty, sat out the 90 on the bench. Criminal.

The continual flip-flop decisions around the defence. When was the last time Ramsey played the same back four in consecutive games? Who sanctioned the Perch transfer? The failure to play Hall in the next match following our last clean sheet I've already banged on about.

Having a striker who apparently can't play for 90 minutes? I mean seriously, WTF? Seeing as Toszer was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in front of our defence, he should have come off for Fer, not JET. And why wasn't Fer on from the start??

Everything about last night was a mess. The bottom line is, Ramsey is out of his depth at this level. Warnock can't take over soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              There are so many issues with last night's game, 4-6-0 is just the tip of the iceberg. The persistence in using Toszer, who is the least talented and worse defensively of all our midfielders. Yes, worse than Henry. Our best defensive midfielders, Faurlin and Doughty, sat out the 90 on the bench. Criminal.

The continual flip-flop decisions around the defence. When was the last time Ramsey played the same back four in consecutive games? Who sanctioned the Perch transfer? The failure to play Hall in the next match following our last clean sheet I've already banged on about.

Having a striker who apparently can't play for 90 minutes? I mean seriously, WTF? Seeing as Toszer was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in front of our defence, he should have come off for Fer, not JET. And why wasn't Fer on from the start??

Everything about last night was a mess. The bottom line is, Ramsey is out of his depth at this level. Warnock can't take over soon enough.

Not sure the continual "flip-flop decisions" around the defence was an issue last night when we conceded no goals. Anyway, Ramsey couldn't play the same back four as at Brum as Perch was banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Not sure the continual "flip-flop decisions" around the defence was an issue last night when we conceded no goals. Anyway, Ramsey couldn't play the same back four as at Brum as Perch was banned.
                                Purely by the grace of Clint Hill's voodoo doll and the most helpful ref we've ever had. How we didn't concede at least one penalty is beyond me. Yeah, it was a statistical clean sheet, but it was hardy an accomplished defensive performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X