Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramsey on the problem with our defence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
    Watch our games we defend with 7 when without the ball. the two holding mids are too slow to cover ground to accomplish this which makes it even harder to stop conceeding.

Ramsey needs to get either the wingers to track back or tell the number 10 to be a box-to-box midfielder. It's clear as day why we're being torn apart defensively. I dont always blame the defence, because they are always exposed. That said Ned, Perch and Angella could have done better.
    The way I see it, this has to be the case until we get Sandro and Luongo or Faurlin fully into the cm roles. We have to have more players back because Konch and Perch get over exposed at times when they run forward, they force Ned and Angella to open up and you get left with a bigger gap in the middle than need be.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      The way I see it, this has to be the case until we get Sandro and Luongo or Faurlin fully into the cm roles. We have to have more players back because Konch and Perch get over exposed at times when they run forward, they force Ned and Angella to open up and you get left with a bigger gap in the middle than need be.
      I dont see Luongo as a hard worker, a gifted player going forward but doesnt seem to put a shift in defensively. Would be good to have him next to Sandro but how long is he going to be fit for? Full backs are exposed, but thats because phillips and chery clearly have no remit to defend... at all. Faurlin, Henry & Toszer are quite slow covering ground to keep shape. Faurlin has the passing but we need more with this current system. I'd go for a sandro + faurlin combo, but think the toszer loan was a mistake.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
        I dont see Luongo as a hard worker, a gifted player going forward but doesnt seem to put a shift in defensively. Would be good to have him next to Sandro but how long is he going to be fit for? Full backs are exposed, but thats because phillips and chery clearly have no remit to defend... at all. Faurlin, Henry & Toszer are quite slow covering ground to keep shape. Faurlin has the passing but we need more with this current system. I'd go for a sandro + faurlin combo, but think the toszer loan was a mistake.
        I think we must be seeing two different players. Luongo must have covered the most ground of anyone we've played this season. He comes and hassles players and wins the ball back quite a bit to his credit.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I think we must be seeing two different players. Luongo must have covered the most ground of anyone we've played this season. He comes and hassles players and wins the ball back quite a bit to his credit.
          Also looses possession more than any other player in the entire division according to some stats I was reading...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Also looses possession more than any other player in the entire division according to some stats I was reading...
            Yep this is true as well, although he does it in an advanced position. Playing in a deeper role, he loses it 2.5 times per game on average from his two games playing that role. Playing higher up he lost it 3.3 times per game so there is a bit of backbone to the idea of moving him deeper.

Comment

Working...
            X