• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughty signs 3 yr ext

http://mobile.qpr.co.uk/news/article...d-2734894.aspx

Great news
    Kept the faith!

I will reply then.. He needs to start playing now.. He has been at the club a while now. Seen bits and pieces looks quite decent on the ball let's hope he gets a chance.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

For sure, good player, unlucky to have been dropped.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
        I will reply then.. He needs to start playing now.. He has been at the club a while now. Seen bits and pieces looks quite decent on the ball let's hope he gets a chance.
        Looks the opposite for me. Good off the ball at winning it back but can't pass for toffee.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Very happy about this news!
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Put your money on Doughty going out on loan next week....always happens after a prospect signs a contract.

Comment

at 22, should really be in or highly pushing for a 1st team place. Seems to either panic or try hollwywood type passes. Just needs to keep it simple as i think there is a decent player in there. Still not sure where he would be best either as seems too dainty for that CDM role we have, bu then not quite the tough to play higher up

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                at 22, should really be in or highly pushing for a 1st team place. Seems to either panic or try hollwywood type passes. Just needs to keep it simple as i think there is a decent player in there. Still not sure where he would be best either as seems too dainty for that CDM role we have, bu then not quite the tough to play higher up
                This is the thing. He does come across very Barton-esque in his style of play. Loves a good tackle (8 in one game is ridiculous at any level) but always seems to try too hard to play the key pass instead of the simple option, especially from deep where he inevitably lost the ball (He had no successful key passes against Huddersfield and only half his overall passes came through successfully). I think if he learned to play calmly and just release the ball simply to the next phase, he could be a very good midfielder.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

at 22, should really be in or highly pushing for a 1st team place.:
                  In Spain it's quite normal for players to be at their clubs at these ages & not be first teamers. That's how they establish high quality youth products
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

at 22, should really be in or highly pushing for a 1st team place.:
                    He is though isn't he? Had 6 appearances (3 x 90 mins) and is on the bench every week?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      This is the thing. He does come across very Barton-esque in his style of play. Loves a good tackle (8 in one game is ridiculous at any level) but always seems to try too hard to play the key pass instead of the simple option, especially from deep where he inevitably lost the ball (He had no successful key passes against Huddersfield and only half his overall passes came through successfully). I think if he learned to play calmly and just release the ball simply to the next phase, he could be a very good midfielder.
                      He is probably playing like this because he is trying impress, if he had a sustained run in the team he would calm down a bit, I rate this kid and as I have said a million times, he should never had been dropped.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        He is though isn't he? Had 6 appearances (3 x 90 mins) and is on the bench every week?
                        I guess the stats seem to say so. Dont know myself, i still see him as right down the pecking order and with everyone fit, probably wouldnt get near the starting 11, weather that is right or not, im not too sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X