FAO Nasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I beg to differ. Accurate forward passing is a basic necessity for a RB.
    That's what midfielders are for. Defenders get it and give it. Give it to a more skilled player who should be able to keep it and build something. So are we saying a dodgy centre back who scores a goal regularly is better than a solid defender with strikers in his pocket? At our level I want defenders to stop opponents scoring first. The more on top they get the easier the other bits become.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      That's what midfielders are for. Defenders get it and give it. Give it to a more skilled player who should be able to keep it and build something. So are we saying a dodgy centre back who scores a goal regularly is better than a solid defender with strikers in his pocket? At our level I want defenders to stop opponents scoring first. The more on top they get the easier the other bits become.
      This is exactly what we are saying here. They still have to give it. The issue is that in our case, they don't. Honestly, a full back should have at least 80 percent short pass accuracy. That's the bare minimum imo. Its just playing a ball to a creative player as you said.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good stats there, and a good comparison.

Any passing stats on Harriman over the last couple of seasons? (albeit at a lesser level)

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Good stats there, and a good comparison.

Any passing stats on Harriman over the last couple of seasons? (albeit at a lesser level)
          I wish, but unfortunately I can't get any stats this detailed below championship level. Also, if there is anyone someone here needs scouting, I am more than happy to sift through some data and sort something out for the top leagues and the Champ
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
            the best right back at the club is playing for wycombe!
            he is playing right wing for a league 2 side. Notice no club higher up the footbal league came in for him when wycombe did?

utter madness statements like this

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              he is playing right wing for a league 2 side. Notice no club higher up the footbal league came in for him when wycombe did?

utter madness statements like this
              you reckon
              tell me who is better in your opinion
              cos its all about opinions mate!

Comment

you reckon
                tell me who is better in your opinion
                cos its all about opinions mate!
                Perch and Ned both better there.

And for Fark Sake, please no1 say mackie at RB again

Comment

Perch and Ned both better there.

And for Fark Sake, please no1 say mackie at RB again
                  in your opinion not mine fella!

Comment

...Agree 56, posted similar in Harriman thread

Comment

I understand its a game of opinions, but please tell me what you are basing your logic on that Harriman is the best RB at the club. Please tell me what you have seen, that i may have missed.

Comment

I understand its a game of opinions, but please tell me what you are basing your logic on that Harriman is the best RB at the club. Please tell me what you have seen, that i may have missed.
                        harriman has never been given a chance here, he has played 3 games for us.
                        it is no coincidence he was luton's player of the year and chipped in with a few goals he is doing the same at wycombe albeit league 2
                        give the lad a chance.
                        Last edited by march56; 06-10-2015, 11:57 AM.

Comment

harriman has never been given a chance here, he has played 3 games for us.
                          it is no coincidence he was luton's player of the year and chipped in with a few goals he is doing the same at wycombe albeit league 2
                          give the lad a chance.
                          Just been nominated for player of the month too: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...37#post1474637

Comment

I am all for giving him a chance when he comes back, i just cant understand how anyone can say "he is the best RB at the club". not a chance you can judge him on the handful of games he has had with us over the years and has played no where near the standard we are at.

Comment

I am all for giving him a chance when he comes back, i just cant understand how anyone can say "he is the best RB at the club". not a chance you can judge him on the handful of games he has had with us over the years and has played no where near the standard we are at.
                              well all i can say is having seen perch and ned play there they are dire!

Comment

Working...
                              X