Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

We have the best squad in this division by a country mile!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harryboy
    Silver Seat
    • Jan 2014
    • 4022

    #16
    Originally posted by lymehoop
    Yes, by far the biggest squad which is laced with true quality which is why I have piled in at 16/1, 14/1 and today my final bet at 11/1 ... covering myself with a 4/1 promotion bet. In my opinion there is not much of a threat from anyone in this league from what I've seen so far ... hope to be 'Home and Hosed' by January in case Charlie gets snapped up. Also had the foresight to back Chery at 66/1 pre-season for top scorer. If this 'tip' clashes with previous thoughts it's because I'm Lyme's big brother who tends to be the more knowledgeable of the two!

    Great bets you have done,, on paper we have the best squad but the bookies thinks that Brighton have a better chance off winning the championship or getting promoted,, they must be having a bubble bath surly
    You Rsssssss

    Comment

    • Kevster269
      Silver Seat
      • May 2009
      • 1390

      #17
      Originally posted by QprMicky
      Ramsay is still talking of consolidation this season.
      If he said 'yes we are the favourites, I cant see anybody stopping us' we'd all be doing star jumps telling him to stfu! Bloke cant win really whatever he says. I'd ratehr he underplayed our chances and we overachieved than the usual QPR way - promise lots and deliver little!!
      I want us to be champions, I want us to be promoted but truthfully, after the last few seasons I'm always glad when we score more goals than the opposition, everything else at the moment is a bonus. Talk of Championships/promotion etc this early is folly IMO. If we're still up in the top 5/6 after Christmas then I'll start to believe.
      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

      2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

      2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

      2015/2016, average at best.....

      2016/2017, same old, same old....

      2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

      Its the hope that kills you!

      Comment

      • march56
        Silver Seat
        • Jan 2011
        • 1275

        #18
        Originally posted by Factamondo
        And I am unanimous in this!
        i second that facto!

        Comment

        • Marsh67
          Bronze Seat
          • Mar 2011
          • 349

          #19
          I did say in a previous thread (pre season) that if we kept our squad as it was we should walk the league, not many concurred with that.

          Comment

          • A Man Without A Clue
            Bronze Seat
            • Jun 2015
            • 454

            #20
            Originally posted by Greengrass
            The word is soloanimous
            Bad for the eyes that apparently!

            Comment

            • QPR71
              Silver Seat
              • Jul 2012
              • 3055

              #21
              qpr are definitely strong on the left

              Comment

              • Factamondo
                You know when you've been factamondoed!
                • Mar 2009
                • 37198

                #22
                On this board indeed they are 71!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

                Comment

                • Garyd73
                  Bronze Seat
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 854

                  #23
                  Seems to be a bit change around in attitudes that were prevalent after the Charlton game, relegation to champions in a month. We have had a great transfer window though so I expect us to finish higher but maybe not top 4 as I don't think we have the creativity in the middle of the park.

                  Comment

                  • Factamondo
                    You know when you've been factamondoed!
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37198

                    #24
                    Fiddlysticks sir!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

                    Comment

                    • Kevin Mcleod
                      Referee
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 17322

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Garyd73
                      Seems to be a bit change around in attitudes that were prevalent after the Charlton game, relegation to champions in a month. We have had a great transfer window though so I expect us to finish higher but maybe not top 4 as I don't think we have the creativity in the middle of the park.
                      Are you for real? Not having a dig but are you trolling? Think it so many times with your posts.

                      Comment

                      • Ramsey is god

                        #26
                        people getting carried away far too easily. One injury to Chaz and all of a sudden we have no striker who can score.

                        Been conceding far too many goals and 1 clean sheet away to Huddersfield isnt enough to convince me we are solid at the back.

                        Would snap your hand off for a 6th place finish right now.

                        Comment

                        • qprted
                          CCG
                          • May 2010
                          • 9639

                          #27
                          ive gone from

                          ive gone from ramsey hater to ramsey lover hes really giten me so much happyness with these prolific performances
                          and to think we still have sandro and fer to come into our team yet we have this division licked ive never bet on qpr before
                          but have put five hundred on a win against forest
                          Click here to view my blog.

                          More...

                          Comment

                          • QPR71
                            Silver Seat
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 3055

                            #28
                            Originally posted by qprted
                            ive gone from ramsey hater to ramsey lover hes really giten me so much happyness with these prolific performances
                            and to think we still have sandro and fer to come into our team yet we have this division licked ive never bet on qpr before
                            but have put five hundred on a win against forest
                            I hope for you that they've forgotten all Sir Brians lessons

                            Comment

                            • MattyRangers
                              Slimmer of The Year
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 24914

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Ramsey is god
                              people getting carried away far too easily. One injury to Chaz and all of a sudden we have no striker who can score.

                              Been conceding far too many goals and 1 clean sheet away to Huddersfield isnt enough to convince me we are solid at the back.

                              Would snap your hand off for a 6th place finish right now.
                              Whilst I am an optimist, I agree with you.

                              Yes, we have a bl00dy good squad on paper with some real quality in it, but I think some people are getting a bit carried away. I do expect us to be well in the mix for a play off spot, but I don't think we are going to steam roll teams week in wekk out & some seem to think now.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                              Comment

                              • gator
                                Gold Seat
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 6791

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Kevster269
                                If he said 'yes we are the favourites, I cant see anybody stopping us' we'd all be doing star jumps telling him to stfu! Bloke cant win really whatever he says. I'd ratehr he underplayed our chances and we overachieved than the usual QPR way - promise lots and deliver little!!
                                I want us to be champions, I want us to be promoted but truthfully, after the last few seasons I'm always glad when we score more goals than the opposition, everything else at the moment is a bonus. Talk of Championships/promotion etc this early is folly IMO. If we're still up in the top 5/6 after Christmas then I'll start to believe.
                                I agree with this! We look a very strong side on paper with quality and depth though, we're QPR, lots can go wrong!
                                @gatorTFC

                                Comment

                                Working...