talkSPORT - A bit on QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
    More of less how I felt regarding QPR this season.

Dose anyone at Buckingham town remember back in about 1986 one of the players
    sons got killed playing on the railway sidings.

I was playing against Buckingham for Pitstone and his dad was playing at the back for
    your lot.

The reason I bring it up is I still feel bad to this day because after the ambulance took
    the lad away we finished the game.

We only found out he had died later but still feel shame and guilt to this day for playing on.
    I will ask a few of the old boys tomorrow, and find out for you mate. Sad story.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Zanny, think the game you are on about was against Berkhamstead. Was at Berko at time but not playing in that game
      Know the dad.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
        Zanny, think the game you are on about was against Berkhamstead. Was at Berko at time but not playing in that game
        Know the dad.
        Was sure we were playing Buckingham but could be wrong the game was played at the old tunnel cement ground in
        Pitstone the lad climbed up one of the silos i think he got to near the cables and they jumped and electrocuted him.

Horrible memories of see his arm hanging out of the stretcher it was clearly burnt black.

Comment

Shameless plug!

Tomorrow I will be joining the Colin Murray show talking about how we are getting on, as well as Non-League Day. Will be on about 11:45am.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
            Shameless plug!

Tomorrow I will be joining the Colin Murray show talking about how we are getting on, as well as Non-League Day. Will be on about 11:45am.
            How are we getting on out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              How are we getting on out of interest?
              After 11 games, mid table. Slow start, picked up, lost last time out Tuesday night. The goal is top half this season as we do not have the budget which the tops team have to compete for promotion. As a club as long as we qualify for the FA Cup by finishing in the top half, and win more games than we lose trying to play some decent football we will be happy. Having said that even with no budget I have brought in some very good players for this level, so if we put a run together who knows what we can do in the league. Got to be consistant though.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
              X