talkSPORT - A bit on QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talkSPORT - A bit on QPR

I was on talkSPORT early this morning speaking about the start of the season the club I manage has made, but there is also a couple of minutes talking about QPR also for those interested.

Basically we are talkSPORTs non league team of the year that they follow, so every few weeks I go on air to discuss how we are doing etc. They know I am a rangers fan so we have a chat about that also.

I was on a 4:20 before work for anyone wanting to listen. Excuse the word 'you know' being said about a million times in a 10 minute interview, bad media training!

Cheers

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1441580400#
    @chrisrobson9

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
    I was on talkSPORT early this morning speaking about the start of the season the club I manage has made, but there is also a couple of minutes talking about QPR also for those interested.

Basically we are talkSPORTs non league team of the year that they follow, so every few weeks I go on air to discuss how we are doing etc. They know I am a rangers fan so we have a chat about that also.

I was on a 4:20 before work for anyone wanting to listen. Excuse the word 'you know' being said about a million times in a 10 minute interview, bad media training!

Cheers

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1441580400#
    Are you him Robbo?.......come on own up..........It's you Becks init!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Are you him Robbo?.......come on own up..........It's you Becks init!!!!
      Awful talking skills when you are not trying to swear or slaughter your team after a defeat, as well as trying to sound well educated which didn't work one bit!
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Takes some guts to talk in front of a mic. Had to do it a couple of times for work, had a mare both times. In one I repeated the same sentence about a dozen times in a minute
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          Takes some guts to talk in front of a mic. Had to do it a couple of times for work, had a mare both times. In one I repeated the same sentence about a dozen times in a minute
          Been on there a few times now this season Herts so starting to get used to it a bit now. You get going then sometimes it pops back into your head you're talking on national radio to at that time in the morning about 500,000 people (figure given to me by the producer). All good though and good publicity for our club.
          Last edited by Robsondinho; 07-09-2015, 04:02 PM.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Awful talking skills when you are not trying to swear or slaughter your team after a defeat, as well as trying to sound well educated which didn't work one bit!
            Yeah, well done mate...Agreed with fully on Rangers, ie, how a few weeks ago a relegation fight looked on the cards, and now?....well hopefully we stay injury free

Comment

Been on there a few times now this season Herts so starting to get used to it a bit now. You get going then sometimes it pops back into your head you're talking on national radio to at that time in the morning about 500,000 people (figure given to me by the producer). All good though and good publicity for our club.
              You did great Chris, hope it goes well for you this season.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                You did great Chris, hope it goes well for you this season.
                Thanks mate. Slow start but we should get there and do well this year.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

4:20 !!!!

i listened back though and you came across fine mate. I'm sure all other teams fans think this, but whenever i hear a rangers fan talking about us on the radio i cringe up as 99% of them don't seem to have a bloody scooby about whats going on.

Still to this day remember the numpty who wouldn't have it that Macheda was no good. Made out the bloke was pele.

Comment

You came across well Chris. Congrats on being appointed manager and best of luck for the season.

Comment

Came across more Mackie than becks because of nerves but a good interview and talked allot of sense. Always find myself agreeing with Chris on here. I do feel a little disappointed that you want to give up the playing side because you're still just a boy. You've clearly been put off by ray Wilkins with I can't see why you can't combined the 2 if you're banging in the goals
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A future QPR-Manager in the making? Who knows..
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          A future QPR-Manager in the making? Who knows..
                          Chris and weare as a joint package

Seriously though you never quite know where it could end up. Wish him all the luck in the world

Comment

Excatly! Weare and Robsondiho sounds great!! I wish him well also, Hertford Hoop
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

More of less how I felt regarding QPR this season.

Dose anyone at Buckingham town remember back in about 1986 one of the players
                              sons got killed playing on the railway sidings.

I was playing against Buckingham for Pitstone and his dad was playing at the back for
                              your lot.

The reason I bring it up is I still feel bad to this day because after the ambulance took
                              the lad away we finished the game.

We only found out he had died later but still feel shame and guilt to this day for playing on.

Comment

Working...
                              X