X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davman View Post
    Ah, but can Flavio take part in Motor Sport? YES
    So, is he banned from Motor Sport? NO

Point is, it is open to interpretation and therefore not as clear cut as you make out. The bottom line is that it is this lack of clarity that Lawyers thrive on, so the only winners will be them. Again.

Personally I think that, in the spirit of what the legislation is trying to achieve and in the spirit of what the FIA's statement is trying to do, Flabio is bang to rights, but you have to admit that there is that element of doubt.

Amazed that paulmason thinks that this is not rocket science thus implying its clearcut - if he thinks that then unless he's a lawyer, he's wasting his life!:byebye:

(Still think Flab will be removed tomorrow and would have a case to appeal if he could be bothered, which is another HUGE question. Interesting times.

1)When Flavio resigned for an administrative planned, moment of madness, he said he would accept his punishment and not appeal.
    2) The FIA is a governing body of F1.
    3) The FIA has instructed all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr Briatore access to any areas under the FIA’s jurisdiction. (How this can be interpreted any other way is beyond me)

As I said, it's not rocket science, he has been banned and should fail the Football league test.

Comment

its a serious matter.....as suggested he may get a suspended ban, to allow time for appeals etc
      flav could drag this out for yrs if he wanted.....

did the fa act over shinatwa at man c??

Comment

As Paul says I think for all intents and purposes Flav IS banned. Furthermore he resigned prior to the hearing and failed to appear there to defend himself which could very clearly be interpreted as a complete admission of guilt, perhaps even legalistically, or else why would he have made those two decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
          What will happen if The Mittals dissappear with him?:red_heart::red_heart::red_heart::tired:
          And what, just throw their shares out of the window?
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
            No Pete, you probably can't see HOW... but that's not your job.
            It's not mine either, but I can see WHY.

Let's just leave it to the pros, and comment on what actually happens, eh?
            Too many amateur lawyers around, and we've all been guilty of guessing and pretending to have a handle on what will/wont/might happen.

Flavio is branded a cheat, and he's no mug... but don't make the mistake of thinking Lord Brian Mawhinney is.
            Bang on - couldn't have said it better myself! :super_man:

Comment

News Today.. Will BE damp Squib

Recommendations and maybe a deadline set.

But, no forcing out, thats my strong opinion
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Recommendations and maybe a deadline set.

But, no forcing out, thats my strong opinion
                Not only is that a strong opinion it is also pretty much all that can happen today. The meeting is to discuss the circumstances of (three) situations and I don't think they have the power to make sanctions at this time.

What is most interesting of all is the opinions, stated by some as FACTS, by so many people on this matter. Some say simples, some say fact, some say no other alternative.................mmmmm

The only thing of any factual substance to have been said to date is by Lord Mulhwhinney (sp!!!) when he said that on behalf of his members he had obtained the advice of Leading Consel and the one thing that is clear is that this is a very difficult issue.

My suggestion is that we should all stop speculating (as we don't know all the facts) and leave it to the Experts and the governing body to inspect all the facts and make their decision.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  Not only is that a strong opinion it is also pretty much all that can happen today. The meeting is to discuss the circumstances of (three) situations and I don't think they have the power to make sanctions at this time.

What is most interesting of all is the opinions, stated by some as FACTS, by so many people on this matter. Some say simples, some say fact, some say no other alternative.................mmmmm

The only thing of any factual substance to have been said to date is by Lord Mulhwhinney (sp!!!) when he said that on behalf of his members he had obtained the advice of Leading Consel and the one thing that is clear is that this is a very difficult issue.

My suggestion is that we should all stop speculating (as we don't know all the facts) and leave it to the Experts and the governing body to inspect all the facts and make their decision.
                  Lets say the football league poo their pants, cave in and Flavio stays in charge of QPR Holdings. Will he be shunned by other, more respectable chairman and will boardrooms be closed to him. I cant see many people happy to entertain him after what he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    Lets say the football league poo their pants, cave in and Flavio stays in charge of QPR Holdings. Will he be shunned by other, more respectable chairman and will boardrooms be closed to him. I cant see many people happy to entertain him after what he has done.
                    Only time will tell - if he doesn't get booted out, the inference is that he will be keeping a low profile and most probably won't be the majority shareholder/chairman or whatever, so is anyone likely to be inviting him anyway?
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      .... and the one thing that is clear is that this is a very difficult issue.

Yep.

There are a dozen possible outcomes, and following consequences that could happen.

And it probably wont be much clearer by the end of today either.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        you weren't wrong there mate.

Comment

Working...
                        X