Personally Cannot See How Flavio Can Be Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally Cannot See How Flavio Can Be Removed

from QPR. The football league will surely have to delay any banning until they know the position of Briatore on him appealing against the FIA lifetime ban and I'm guessing they can only propose to monitor the situation.

They may recommend what action might be taken by the club, but i cannot see them having the power to dismiss him from the football club, when its entirely a different sport and legally they could be making a big mistake.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    from QPR. The football league will surely have to delay any banning until they know the position of Briatore on him appealing against the FIA lifetime ban and I'm guessing they can only propose to monitor the situation.

They may recommend what action might be taken by the club, but i cannot see them having the power to dismiss him from football club, when its entirely a different sport and legally they could be making a big mistake.
    pete u said in an earlier post d day is thrusday but according to the guardian the meeting is tommorow

Comment

They may recommend what action might be taken by the club, but i cannot see them having the power to dismiss him from the football club, when its entirely a different sport and legally they could be making a big mistake.
      legally they won't be making any mistake. if he fails the test, which he should. then he has to be removed. this is stated in the rules. he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Its definitely Thursday, maybe it was an early edition of The Guardian for tomorrow (if that makes sense)
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

sam-qpr, true but the FIA have an appeals process.

he resigned, before he was banned.

maybe they will make reference to a "major" shareholder issue, but they cannot give him an ultimatium, to leave the club. Thats they way I see it.

Comment

Well we shall soon see.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

I think he should be left alone.
              That F1 is full of cheating they have just decided to make a move and Flav is being made the scapegoat. If you think he plays with people's lives then why didn't Shumacher get banned when he drove Damon Hill off the track. The sport is a joke. He is better off out of it and I think he should be left alone. He has been very good for queens park rangers and if it wasn't for him then we would of got relegated.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The rules are quite clear and he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Besides, if the authorities let him get away then they lose credibility and show weakness.

If he is so innocent why has he not appealed yet? Why has he gone into hiding? Why has he not done what he always does and come out fighting??

So, ok he helped save us at a critical time in our recent past, but he is also the same man who has gotten involved in team selection, tactics and undermining the manager/coach appointed by himself, and has been very heavy handed with any member of staff who has dared to question his methods. Sooner he departs the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogan View Post
                  The rules are quite clear and he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Besides, if the authorities let him get away then they lose credibility and show weakness.

If he is so innocent why has he not appealed yet? Why has he gone into hiding? Why has he not done what he always does and come out fighting??

So, ok he helped save us at a critical time in our recent past, but he is also the same man who has gotten involved in team selection, tactics and undermining the manager/coach appointed by himself, and has been very heavy handed with any member of staff who has dared to question his methods. Sooner he departs the better!
                  no one knows for certain whether he has got involved in team selection thats all media speculation until proven otherwise

agree he doesnt have a leg to stand on

Comment

No Pete, you probably can't see HOW... but that's not your job.
                    It's not mine either, but I can see WHY.

Let's just leave it to the pros, and comment on what actually happens, eh?
                    Too many amateur lawyers around, and we've all been guilty of guessing and pretending to have a handle on what will/wont/might happen.

Flavio is branded a cheat, and he's no mug... but don't make the mistake of thinking Lord Brian Mawhinney is.

Comment

Flavio himself wasn't actually banned. The FIA said that they won't sanction any event that involves Briatore - which translates to a ban on other people working with him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/davi...s-qpr-briatore
                      Be nice to Minty

Comment

he resigned, before he was banned.
                        So that makes him OK to carry on does it ?

Not only did he cheat to win a F1 race, he is also a coward, not man enough to accept the punishment for the crime HE ADMITTED. What a great person to have at the helm of the good ship QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                          Flavio himself wasn't actually banned. The FIA said that they won't sanction any event that involves Briatore - which translates to a ban on other people working with him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/davi...s-qpr-briatore
                          Sorry, I thought Briatore was Banned form taken any part in any FIA sanctioned event, which in any language is a ban.
                          Last edited by paulmason; 07-10-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Now now children play nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                              No Pete, you probably can't see HOW... but that's not your job.
                              It's not mine either, but I can see WHY.

Let's just leave it to the pros, and comment on what actually happens, eh?
                              Too many amateur lawyers around, and we've all been guilty of guessing and pretending to have a handle on what will/wont/might happen.

Flavio is branded a cheat, and he's no mug... but don't make the mistake of thinking Lord Brian Mawhinney is.
                              Ask the supporters of Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth, Luton and Rotherham as to Mr Mawhinney's objectivity!

I thought Flavio had already, clearly, stated that he would accept any FIA punishment and would not appeal any decision?

Comment

Working...
                              X