Defense-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense-less

What is the answer to a team who, on the verge of being competitive, allows two goals a game?

Start at goal. Smithies may have a future, but based on last night's blunders hard to see he's ready for the present. If we lose Green, we've got to go fishing again for a more seasoned goalie.

On defense, we're an inconsistent mess. Perch has been decent but spotty. Onouha has been steady but not outstanding. Hall is too unseasoned to be a regular; Hill too old to be the same. And the LB position has been an injury graveyard. If Greeno leaves, and we don't recruit a new RB and CB in the next week, and IMO bring in an assistant coach who excels at defensive flow and formations, we will be remembered this season by one word: defense-less.

I think Ned has had a pretty good season so far, perch has improved with each game and Konch receives to.much critisism cos he really isnt thaf bad and anyway once everyone is fit he wont be there. Hall may not be a starter if we get that bloke from Hull in which would be great and if we figure out Sandros work permit we will definitely concede less.

Comment

need to give smithies a bit of time to settle in and get to know his defenders (and even then, it'd help if the defenders at least seemed to know one another as well), bit harsh to judge him after one game in front of a second-string back four, with second choice defensive midfielders in front of them.

it's clear that we need at least one central defender (even just getting the landlord back would vastly improve things in the short-term). for now i'd like us to switch back to a more orthodox 4-4-2 with less emphasis on counter-attacking (our midfield isn't defensively strong enough or pacey enough and our main striker plays much better with a jet/polter type next to him).

Comment

Our back 4 (except the chief) are chronic 8 conceded in the last 4 games, clueless & son need to go and get a descent CB &RB we wouldn't make the play offs If we had Austin,Phillips,Fer,Sandro,and the other good players, with the debacle of a defence we have,

Comment

Think its harsh to just blame the back 4. I am not sure they are getting the right sort of protection from midfield. Dont think we can rely on faurlin and Henry to do that job all season, im not even convinced henry can do it for now. I know midfield is one area we have an abundance of players, but think we are missing a solid defensive midfielder.

Of course, problem solved is Sandro ever plays again.

Comment

Working...
          X