No announcement yet.

Fernandes you are turning this club into a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh fvck me lads.. you lot are ####ing in the win if you think we have been run well. I cannot believe what im reading in fact.
    However you look at it Kev is your prerogative but we have not been run well as a football club. To you we may have been for whatever personal reasons but the accounts, the mistakes etc. signal the total opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      No Kev, i just expect little old QPR to be run WELL, like you should do to!!

How anyone including you can sit there and continually defend this bloke is beyond me now!
      I'm not just talking on the pitch, I'm talking everything... I defended him for a while but it's too much now and even the most avid Fernandes backer SHOULD be able to see that.

2 relegations,
      Signs players on 80k a week and gives them 4 year contracts - top 6 club wages
      Gives us a FFP fine
      Leads us round the mill with all this rubbish about a training ground and stadium, which is very unlikely to happen in our lifetime.
      Signs an illegal immigrant
      Says he has found his dream manager and then goes and gets someone else
      and much much more...

I dont wana see Fernandes in pubs shaking hands with fans, i wana see him running our football club well but its too late for that now, his palmed that job off to someone else because he was so sh1t. No doubt he will take the credit though if Les does a good job.
      Lets just fix some of these statements:

one promotion and one holding in the prem.
      No one was on more than 60k per week and he's stated this many a time.
      Gives us a reduced FFP fine on the basis that we are a relegated club who has a prem wage structure.
      Has viable evidence to show that the two projects will be completed will within your lifetime
      Signs a player on the recommendation of a manager who wasn't an illegal immigrant at the start (nor was he ever, even now, you do know that he isn't an illegal immigrant right? Like you know what that actually means? Your statement makes no sense)
      Looks at a viable manager to guide us to success with a partner who cares for the club.
      Much much less than you think.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Oh fvck me lads.. you lot are ####ing in the win if you think we have been run well. I cannot believe what im reading in fact.
        However you look at it Kev is your prerogative but we have not been run well as a football club. To you we may have been for whatever personal reasons but the accounts, the mistakes etc. signal the total opposite.
        Mistakes being corrected, accounts being improved. Football clubs will never (nor should they ever) run at a profit at high levels (chapter 3 of soccernomics you are welcome)
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I agree with him, few years ago we were near relegation from even the champ, we'll find the right formula soon, but its doing fine to be honest.
          Yep. Except for the 10-11 season we have been doing better in terms of league position these last four seasons, than the 15 years preceeding Tonyīs reign. People are acting like spoiled brats everytime we lose a game.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            Yep. Except for the 10-11 season we have been doing better in terms of league position these last four seasons, than the 15 years preceeding Tonyīs reign. People are acting like spoiled brats everytime we lose a game.
            Wait wait wait. You are saying that certain people just want to complain because its fun to? What could possibly give you that impression?

Comment

Our losses are definitely good for traffic on this website though. Every cloud and all that...

Comment

Objective assessment between the hysteria of the critics and the Pravda propaganda of others is provided by - and I don't often say this - the Daily Mail: article today headlined "Badly run clubs like QPR get their own punishment."

It acknowledges that Fernandes is a well meaning, likeable guy who has done everything from the best of intentions. But he has also made huge mistakes. I like the guy and have backed him through thick and thin but relative to the money he has invested you have to say a lot of poor strategic decisions have been made at our club. I am not comparing us to Southampton or Swansea who you could argue had the right infrastructure in place (though I also remember we were much better than Swansea the year we went up first time!). But clubs like Palace and Leicester were every bit as tin pot and ramshackle as us. Within two years max the new Palace owners turned them into a fairly well run sustainable club.

We feel like a club who has just been in a gigantic skid and the driver is desperately trying to wrestle the car back under control, violently over-correcting. So we veered from spending splurges to the other extreme. Wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the season he turns round and says "I think the lesson of this season is that we need to invest in a solid, experienced defence." Its reacting to the last mistake rather than seeing the path ahead. Imho of course, and naturally I recognise it is easier saying that on a message board than actually doing it.

Comment

Wish someone had the balls to actually come out and say 'we tried to deter you lovely loyal supporters from coming cos we wanted to throw the game! We made the seats dirt cheap just for you lovely loyal supporters who either didn't realise we were throwing the match or didn't care! '

It would of made things so much more simple and easier for people to understand!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Objective assessment between the hysteria of the critics and the Pravda propaganda of others is provided by - and I don't often say this - the Daily Mail: article today headlined "Badly run clubs like QPR get their own punishment."

It acknowledges that Fernandes is a well meaning, likeable guy who has done everything from the best of intentions. But he has also made huge mistakes. I like the guy and have backed him through thick and thin but relative to the money he has invested you have to say a lot of poor strategic decisions have been made at our club. I am not comparing us to Southampton or Swansea who you could argue had the right infrastructure in place (though I also remember we were much better than Swansea the year we went up first time!). But clubs like Palace and Leicester were every bit as tin pot and ramshackle as us. Within two years max the new Palace owners turned them into a fairly well run sustainable club.

We feel like a club who has just been in a gigantic skid and the driver is desperately trying to wrestle the car back under control, violently over-correcting. So we veered from spending splurges to the other extreme. Wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the season he turns round and says "I think the lesson of this season is that we need to invest in a solid, experienced defence." Its reacting to the last mistake rather than seeing the path ahead. Imho of course, and naturally I recognise it is easier saying that on a message board than actually doing it.
                    I can see where you are coming from Stains but my take is that we were already going badly under flavio. To continue your analogy (which I loved); Tony was in a top class Jaguar driving along and saw Flavio fall asleep at the wheel in our 27 year old VW Golf with a deflated wheel. He dived across and pushed flavio out, but the skid had already began and Tony was still used to the Jaguar 'feel' so lost control more than he should. Now he is used to how this car feels, he's pulling it in the right direction.

Let us not forget who we signed on promotion under Flavio: DJ Campbell anyone? Jay Bothroyd?

Comment

Here is the team that lost to donkey opponents (QPR 2 - Reading 3) in the same round of this donkey cup 26.9.2012
                      Cesar- Hill - Onuoha - Park - Granero - Dyer - Faurlin - M'Bia - Cisse - Mackie - Hoilett - Subs Zamora - Nelsen - Diakite.
                      I recocn we still have 6 of those players on our books.

Comment

Donīt think anyone likes losing a game, or think itīs OK, but the team should have been able to beat Carlisle, if the players had performed to their level. They had 22 shots with 8 on target vs. Carlisleīs 8 shots and 4 on target. That would normally suffice. That some of the players underperformed will happen every once in a while. Itīs football.

Comment

I can see where you are coming from Stains but my take is that we were already going badly under flavio. To continue your analogy (which I loved); Tony was in a top class Jaguar driving along and saw Flavio fall asleep at the wheel in our 27 year old VW Golf with a deflated wheel. He dived across and pushed flavio out, but the skid had already began and Tony was still used to the Jaguar 'feel' so lost control more than he should. Now he is used to how this car feels, he's pulling it in the right direction.

Let us not forget who we signed on promotion under Flavio: DJ Campbell anyone? Jay Bothroyd?
                          Sure, I would never defend Flavio and one of the reasons why I defended so many poor Fernandes decisions for so long was because they were taken out of desperation - when he finally took control he had no time so we made our worst signings of all (eg SWP) on huge contracts. But he has had four years since then and I don't see a great youth structure in place (recognise we won't know for sure for a few years, but early signs not good). Also little evidence yet that we have developed a really good scouting system to pick up the next generation of Trevor Sinclairs, Andy Sintons and Darren Peacocks that we used to find in the lower leagues. Chery is a great buy, Luongo looks promising, and Hall could be (though don't think he is the answer yet). Konchelsy (who I actually think is better than some give credit for), Perch, new contract for Henry etc - this is still not doing it the Southampton/ Swansea way. It is more desperation stuff, just on the cheap.

Rangers managers have a habit of blaming it all on the last guy and last night five of those players were signed by Ramsey and a couple more have been championed by him. Other clubs seem better at picking up and developing the gems - and if the big spending days are over, we have to improve at that.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Sure, I would never defend Flavio and one of the reasons why I defended so many poor Fernandes decisions for so long was because they were taken out of desperation - when he finally took control he had no time so we made our worst signings of all (eg SWP) on huge contracts. But he has had four years since then and I don't see a great youth structure in place (recognise we won't know for sure for a few years, but early signs not good). Also little evidence yet that we have developed a really good scouting system to pick up the next generation of Trevor Sinclairs, Andy Sintons and Darren Peacocks that we used to find in the lower leagues. Chery is a great buy, Luongo looks promising, and Hall could be (though don't think he is the answer yet). Konchelsy (who I actually think is better than some give credit for), Perch, new contract for Henry etc - this is still not doing it the Southampton/ Swansea way. It is more desperation stuff, just on the cheap.

Rangers managers have a habit of blaming it all on the last guy and last night five of those players were signed by Ramsey and a couple more have been championed by him. Other clubs seem better at picking up and developing the gems - and if the big spending days are over, we have to improve at that.
                            I see where you are coming from but the last line to me isn't really fair. Bear in mind these guys are not playing together week in week out, they aren't training the same tactical stuff that the first eleven does. They are shadowers most likely to the first eleven. Training usually works with those definitely in contention doing a lot of tactical stuff prior to the match but these guys don't do that. I don't think the issue yesterday was quality so much as lack of awareness.

Comment

I'm really not, I'm just louder than the rest of the majority.

You should know how it works by now if you aren't naive of course. The minority is always the loudest. Just look at ISIS with regards to muslims, they aren't really muslim and they are a minority in their beliefs, but they are bl00dy loud and they scare people. You thinking positivity at any football club could possibly be a minority suggests how naive you are though.
                              Unfortunately I've seen too much sh1t with my club at the moment to think about any kind of positive.

Comment

Unfortunately I've seen too much sh1t with my club at the moment to think about any kind of positive.
                                Fine. but don't complain when many others do.

Comment

Working...
                                X