Focus on the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Yes of course the league matters more than cups that's why this game should have had Ramsey's considered strongest starting 11 bar the 3 I mentioned ,
    That game should have been used to help build a team full of understanding to confidently handle league football , as it is at moment the team is being carried by scoring goals , where the forwards play , the m/f play , the defence doesn't we do not play as a complete side , Cardiff were unlucky to only get a draw Wolves game could have gone any way , Saturday we left hanging on at the death .
    So I ask you again are you satisfied we are playing as a well organised side full of confidence with a winning mentality ,
    Imo we should use every game until we achieve that ingredient
    You don't learn much fielding a strong eleven against weak players. Look at Verona all stars, I recall the team then wasn't half bad and we demolished them 10-1 or something. It does nothing for the players. This was better test to get the youngsters and fringe players much needed game time, whether or not they impress, thats down to them, but the decision to field them all was the right one IMO.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I cannot deal with any more of Nasser's ludicrous posts. It is nothing i have ever seen before... Does he just defend for the sake of defending? Are you a solicitor? There is no give or take on opinions, it is just all purely 'the club can do no bad' on EVERY subject. Its beyond JUST looking at things positively now Nasser... There has to be a certain degree of acknowledgment for mistakes and errors.
      I'm glad that I'm different mate As for whether I defend for the sake of it, no I don't, I defend because I damn sure believe my points are worth defending. All you do on the other hand is be negative. Not one positive post in recent times to my recollection and certainly not one to the chairman and his board. So maybe you should acknowledge the fact that the club is not making as many mistakes as you think (certainly not the people you are ignorantly blaming).
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        YOUR POINTS ARENT WORTH DEFENDING. All you do is bang on about how great everything is even when its been fvcking awful! How you can defend last night is beyond me.. It was woeful!! Dont try dressing it up, it was a shower of sh1te where we have new signings on the pitch!

Its a myth that all i am is negative, i raved about Ramsey last week.. Look back at my posts.

The club may not be making as many mistakes now with Les and CR but it certainly has does done when TF was involved which is what my point is... that we are paying for that now!! Give me strength!!
        No one will give you any strength when you are just wrong. TF is not the man to blame for a lot of the things you are blaming him for. Of course he made mistakes, he even admits them and there are more. But some of the stuff you find to complain about are truly mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          You don't learn much fielding a strong eleven against weak players. Look at Verona all stars, I recall the team then wasn't half bad and we demolished them 10-1 or something. It does nothing for the players. This was better test to get the youngsters and fringe players much needed game time, whether or not they impress, thats down to them, but the decision to field them all was the right one IMO.
          At the moment all I think all Ramsey should is to try to creat a confident winning mentallity into his strongest 11 with the understanding that the forwards midfielder and defenders all play for the same team not 3 seperate teams , learn about fringe players after we have these players playing as a team .
          Why wont you tell us if you are satisfied or not that we are playing well becouse the the only way for the team to play as a unit with understanding and confidence in each other is to get the initial 1st choice playing and that only comes with game time for the 1st choice that in turn makes it easier for players to come into the team and play with freedom
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-08-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

in answer to the post rather than the in fighting/discussion there we have no option but to foucus on the league when we put out a team like this and a sub par performance to boot why we do this I dont know I remember when a good cup run was valued. We should really take the cups serious and before I get told we would be out next round Liverpool away, what better place to test our metal and improve see where our weakness are and maybe pull of a shock. if you look at the teams that do they tend to be the teams that are hard to beat and have a winning ethos this was what makie was banging on about.The club is trying to change its whole ethos then start with a win every game give the oposition nothing not a goal not a shot not a kick of the ball this is the attitude we should be encouraging from this comes a steel throughout the whole unit the whole machine becomes a tougher beast ..........remember THIS IS SPARTA !!!!

Comment

ok a bit over the top but I think my point is somewhere there now how does disco post the gifs moving image clips !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                in answer to the post rather than the in fighting/discussion there we have no option but to foucus on the league when we put out a team like this and a sub par performance to boot why we do this I dont know I remember when a good cup run was valued. We should really take the cups serious and before I get told we would be out next round Liverpool away, what better place to test our metal and improve see where our weakness are and maybe pull of a shock. if you look at the teams that do they tend to be the teams that are hard to beat and have a winning ethos this was what makie was banging on about.The club is trying to change its whole ethos then start with a win every game give the oposition nothing not a goal not a shot not a kick of the ball this is the attitude we should be encouraging from this comes a steel throughout the whole unit the whole machine becomes a tougher beast ..........remember THIS IS SPARTA !!!!

NASSER have you read this ??
                That Ranger is the point Nasser refuses to aknowledge

Comment

Look at Ipswich's side last night... very strong team!

Comment

Do you want us to name the teams who played second strings and went out, cos that list is looooooooooong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Do you want us to name the teams who played second strings and went out, cos that list is looooooooooong.
                      Kev, can i ask why you and Nasser (for example) do defend the club constantly and refuse to ever criticize even when arguably they deserve the criticism?

Like, i cant condone that loss last night but you and Nasser think of all these reasons why its OK.. Im just left baffled constantly by it mate. I love Rangers but you guys are obviously something else!!

Comment

I wonder if Watford are having a similar meltdown?
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          I wonder if Watford are having a similar meltdown?
                          Are Watford £250,000,000 in debt, been relegated twice in the last 3 years, run out of money and losing to league two sides in the cup every year?

Just wondering like

Comment

Because so so so many clubs played teams to go out, its a rubbish nothing cup that newcastle or aston villa or everton need to win cos they have nothing else to play for. We have the premiership to play for and that cup is just another game in the way. The money spent is not a debt and we are not being asked to pay it, we are sixth in the division and one last minute goal away from third. We are scoring for fun and this league is really exciting and competitive so being in it a season or two isnt the end of the world. I cant see any reason to moan about anything mate, and im being honest. You are worrying about things that have no bearing on us as supporters whatsoever, and you are just yourself wind up by doing so.

Comment

yep west some dont get that you create a strong team through competition for places I understand squad rotation but losing is a catching thing esp at home as you fans have paid to see it plus their time I think is a bit disrespectful to them for a start. Also should I have been lucky enough to be a footballer I would have wanted to play every game and win every game esp in cups where there is the slim chance of winning something we good draws ect maube I don't see the bigger picture but I remember cup games were lively esp the FA cup I remember the semi final in the milk cup against Liverpool two legs 3-2 on ag fewick diving header feraday and a og got us through ......we then went on to lose to Oxford ffs !!! one of my learning days about following rangers even still it would be great for the younger ones now to experience that type of thing rather than focusing of the league every year I agree promotion and staying up are vital but a winning mind set is needed across all areas...
                              now can someone tell me how to post gifs plese ...oh disco where are you ?
                              Last edited by Ranger; 26-08-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                                Are Watford £250,000,000 in debt, been relegated twice in the last 3 years, run out of money and losing to league two sides in the cup every year?

Just wondering like
                                You type sense, who we in debt to jim? Any idea on the interest repayments on such a huge debt like that?
                                And i also would bet Watford would of loved the chance to be relegated from the prem twice in last three years to be honest.
                                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 26-08-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X