Is Gayle the right replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gayle the right replacement?

Should the unthinkable happen and we lose golden boy Austin is Dwight Gayle really the right replacement?

There seems an almost unanimous opinion on this board that he would be the replacement we would be happiest with. But with Ramsey looking set in his 4-2-3-1 formation is Gayle really capable of playing the lone striker? Up until 2 games ago people were questioning Austin's ability to play the role, yet his first goal against Rotherham certainly showed his ability to muscle 2 defenders, bring Greens kick down on his chest and drive towards goal. At 5'10 with a pretty slight build I can't see Gayle playing this role effectively and the rest of our squad (in particular the attacking midfield 3) seem to be settling in and excelling in the new formation.

Yes I think he can, he also opens up the option of the ball over the top, teams would have to drop, that kid just needs a run of games.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

He woukd be the best replacement available if/when Charlie goes,god forbid we get Leon Best instead !

Comment

Yesthe perfect replacement but I reckon he's still to prem and we will get hooper

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Yesthe perfect replacement but I reckon he's still to prem and we will get hooper
          Just read on newsnow Sheff Wednesday willing to pay £500,000 loan fee for Hooper and cover all of his £32,000 a week wages, think thats us out of that deal.

Comment

Gayle would be ideal imo. We're not 'meant' to be playing route one now. even ramsey has said we're looking to get the ball on the deck. the 3 behind the striker, luongo chery and phillips will rotate and offer alternative options. The amount of times i saw luongo beyond the striker was very pleasing to see on saturday. we have polter to play the battering ram role if we need to.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Gayle played for Palace at the weekend so tbh i'm a little surprised he seems to be so readily available. He's obviously not THAT out of favour. It could just mean that they are short of options up front which unfortunately would see a bid for Austin make sense.

Best case scenario would see Palace come in for Austin and offer Gayle as part of the deal. I think thats what we'd all want and be happy with. Goin to be an interesting week thats for sure!

Comment

palace wasted 9 mil on Wickham.

Comment

Gayle is just a bargaining chip what won't happen, because they need to sell him first to fund the transfer for Austin
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Gayle played the lone striker many times before.

Is a different player to Charlie in some aspects but is also lethal in the box and quick as well you know....

The only thing we would lose is that aerial threat. But that's what polter should be used for if needed and when plan b needs to be deployed.

For the ones questioning hauled availability par dew again said at the weekend he can't guard are gayle game time and if their fee is met and gayle is happy to do so then he canove.

I've heard he wants to stay in London and so far only Bristol City have met his fee... You can understand why he doesn't want to go to them right now. Good club but I'm sure if he drops down to our league he will want one of the big boys who are more established at this level and good chance of going up.

Comment

Antenucci or Diomande, if Gayle is not available, Gayle is my numbero uno, though. He can play in a 4-4-2 with Polter, probably.
                      Last edited by Shania; 24-08-2015, 01:43 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Why are we only looking in england? Surely we can see that players like Chery and many others show that it is both cheaper and better for us to sign outside of england. Personally think we should be looking at signing someone in the similar mould of Charlie as someone who is not necessarily the fastest but has that incredible killer instinct in the box and who can make things happen. So many strikers like this, available for less than Gayle such as Luuk De Jong (although doubt he will leave PSV); Seb Haller; Mark Uth; Luc Castaignos. Those players from netherlands always come relatively cheap for what they offer (remember suarez was only 20mil or so) and they are very good players. More importantly, it might just keep Fer here longer than half a season.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Shame that Cisse was such a twonk - and he was more interested in his Mr Denzil clothing range.

Most natural striker I've ever seen down the Rangers. What a waste.........

Comment

^^^^^ more natural than Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                              Just read on newsnow Sheff Wednesday willing to pay £500,000 loan fee for Hooper and cover all of his £32,000 a week wages, think thats us out of that deal.
                              Not itk but I did say exactly that Saturday, but if Norwich want chaz we get hooper

Comment

Working...
                              X