No announcement yet.

Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this thread. A very good read!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Luongo was so good today. I brought my mate with me who's abit of a premiership fanny supports Liverpool from London that sort of geeza. But even he said who's that he should be playing in the prem. same with Chery

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
        Chery - i really love this guy, looks hungry and has goals in him. Will imo be our best player this season
        Agree with this Herts. Now he's broken his scoring duck his confidence will rocket and just watch the lad fly this season. He's going to be our joker in the pack.

Comment

Am I the only person that thought we were poor today,first half we were lucky to go in 1 up,if Derbyshire had put away that great chance it would have been a different game.2nd half first 20 we were better but when 3 up I thought we froze a little and invited them on,at 3-2 I thought we would throw it away but the ref (who I thought was #### poor all game) gave a soft pen IMO and Charlie stuck it away.Rotherham are a poor side and at times we made them look good.

Comment

people saying Charlie looked a tad lazy. Think the guy's mind is elsewhere, pray it's not Best to replace him
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester Mark View Post
              Am I the only person that thought we were poor today,first half we were lucky to go in 1 up,if Derbyshire had put away that great chance it would have been a different game.2nd half first 20 we were better but when 3 up I thought we froze a little and invited them on,at 3-2 I thought we would throw it away but the ref (who I thought was #### poor all game) gave a soft pen IMO and Charlie stuck it away.Rotherham are a poor side and at times we made them look good.
              Completely agree mate, first 20mins we were #### poor, made them look so much better than they are. We did work our way into the game and the goal before half time helped a lot - brilliant goal as well by the way, top finish from Chery. Also agree with many on here that he will be our best player this season, he was brilliant yesterday. Charlie looks very uninterested but still managed to score two goals so what can you say really. Phillips as well although he did better 2nd half once we were winning, wouldn't be surprised if the pair of them are moaning to each other in private about not getting a deal - they seem like top professionals though so once the window closes I'm sure they will give 100% for the club should either still be here.

2nd half I thought we looked better - controlled the game more (again the early goal helped with confidence - knocking Rotherhams and boosting ours). Faurlin needs more minutes on the pitch - he looks like a guy that has had 3 ACL injuries in as many years, also lost count how many times he slipped over and lost the ball in a dangerous position yesterday! But bits of his class shone through at times and proved why he is so loved at the club.

Attacking wise we will be up there in an around the top 6 this season because when we turn it on we have some real quality going forward - add in Fer to that as well and we have some serious firepower (provided we replace Charlie). But our defence is a shambles - that 2nd goal was so easily avoidable, about 5 players all run towards the front post and leave him there for an easy tap in, really really awful defending. Thought Konchesky was OK, dependable but don't rate him as a first choice LB at all. Perch needs to be benched and a replacement brought in - offers very little going forward and make silly errors that could cost us this season if he is first choice RB. Chief was class as per, not totally convinced by Hall - think maybe more game time and he could come good but at the moment reckon top 6 strikers would cause him a lot of problems.

Overall pleased with the performance especially 2nd half, very disappointed letting in 2 goals again (mostly because I had £5 on Chery 4-1 before the game). Fairly sure the defensive situation will be addressed before the window closes or with a few loans so I am more optimistic about the season and hope that our 9 goals in 4 games have made the pessimists realise that we won't be anywhere near the bottom of the table in May.

Comment

Two wins and one minute away from a third in one week, yet we are still macaroni and just lucky. Mmmmmm.

Comment

Thought Faurlin was absolute class yesterday bar 1 or 2 stray passes. Tackled well, kept the ball moving and was always looking for the ball from team mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    Green - usual kicking errors but made a couple of good saves
                    Perch - still not confident, made several errors but also some timely blocks
                    Chief - Solid and assured
                    Hall - had a couple of clumsy moments but I'm warming to this lad
                    Koncheski - I thought he had a good game today, not the dynamic wing back we all want but decent enough (today)
                    Henry - Again started a little slow but got better as the game went on
                    Faulin - Hot and cold, when hot he broke up a lot of play and passed well, when cold he caused us a lot of problems. Note to fans, don't start chanting his name he really 'F up'
                    Phillips - Took a while to get going, some great moves and passes but wasn't at his best today
                    Luongo - Did OK, wasn't that impressed with him today, lots of promise and will shine in many games
                    Chery - i really love this guy, looks hungry and has goals in him. Will imo be our best player this season
                    Austin - What can you say about this guy? Scored two made one but I felt he wasn't really with it today. Only my opinion and I love this guy to bits. Seemed a yard short most of the game, I just hope teams looking to buy him felt the same as me. We really need to keep this guy and he will score 25 plus this year.
                    Doughty - I thought he looked good today, up for a battle and prepared to mix it
                    Polter - Erm.....not sure about this fella, could be a good front man but there is just something missing, hope he gets his game together because we might be relying on him
                    Kpekawa - Not on the pitch long enough, sure he will get his chance
                    To be fair to green's kicking, he got an assist for austin's first haha.
                    Perch was average at best to be honest so I agree there. Don't think his crossing was great (even the one for the first goal, should never end up behind the target)
                    Konchesky looks committed and confident but ain't got too much in the tank and lacks pace. Despite that, he looked solid and composed.
                    Phillips looks a unit this season, though this has been one of his worse games for us in recent times, he still looked so dangerous.
                    Luongo got going in the second half and boy can this kid run. He just seems so energetic and looks class on the ball. Looking forward to seeing him and Fer in the same team, don't think we'll even need a defence with them two running the pitch.
                    Chery should really be taking all free kicks within 30 yards, even on the wrong side I think he can do damage. Amazing effort to get on the end of that second goal.
                    Austin had one of his classiest games for us and he didn't even look bothered. He is well above the league. If he stays, he's going to put in more effort and imagine how good he will be then.
                    Polter to me is going to be one of the most fascinating signings we have had in years. He looks so dangerous whenever he gets the ball near the box. The way he keeps the ball when players are around him is so unique. He's a bl00dy battering ram on the ball, he'll actually push people off of him.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Two wins and one minute away from a third in one week, yet we are still macaroni and just lucky. Mmmmmm.
                      You'd think we lost all our games so far. Its amazing to see.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                      X