Ramsey and Phillips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
    Agree the lad had a great game last night. Should we start a thread everytime he has a bad game though? He was awful against Charlton, Yeovil and in general poor against Cardiff ( 2 good corners granted )

1 good game in 4 at Championship/League 2 level so far. Hope the lad stays and rips the division a new one as he has the potential to do it.
    he was easily our best player against Cardiff. He's been excellent towards the back end of last season as well.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't want him to have a bad game. I want him to produce his performance last night every week. Given how highly he is rated by some on here it shouldn't be difficult at Championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        he was easily our best player against Cardiff. He's been excellent towards the back end of last season as well.
        Was he? Not according to the MOM poll on here where he got a whopping 0% of the votes. That by the way means he didn't get one.

Am sure you will provide me with Opta stats or something similar but i imagine those who voted in that poll actually went to the game the same way i did and didn't see him being "easily our best player" You may think he played well but if he was "easily the best player" i think he may have got at least one vote surely?
        Last edited by SammyKojoe; 20-08-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I don't want him to have a bad game. I want him to produce his performance last night every week. Given how highly he is rated by some on here it shouldn't be difficult at Championship level.
          Not highly rated by you then no?

Comment

Was he? Not according to the MOM poll on here where he got a whopping 0% of the votes. That by the way means he didn't get one.

Am sure you will provide me with Opta stats or something similar but i imagine those who voted in that poll actually went to the game the same way i did and didn't see him being "easily our best player" You may think he played well but if he was "easily the best player" i think he may have got at least one vote surely?
            I was at the game, sitting in my regular season ticket spot and what I saw out there was an outlet. He created countless chances, and got an assist. We was our best player to be honest. Don't even need stats to tell me that. I already used them previously to prove it. Look in the other threads, I'm sure you'll see my statistical analysis of him there.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Great post west..Remember having so many rows with people slating phillips with no real accuracy and most saying hoilett was better.

There are some plebs on here who are so impatient and don't understand players need a little time to recover from injuries to return to top form. It's probably the same people who have been slating the team and talking about relegation after just two games.

Phillips is a class player and I really hope he stays. Problem is if he keeps scoring and assisting people will take notice.

Comment

Working...
              X