Oldest defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest defence?

Looking at our defenders make me feel that our defence are the oldest bunch in the Championship. Green 35, Perch 29, Ned 29, Hill 37 and Konchesky 34! This is suppose to get us a lot of experience at the back, however, we have already conceded 4 goals in two games! To make you wonder. Why can we put Hall and Kpekawa in the side if we are truly building something. We may concede goals just the same, but at least we will have youngsters that will learn something from it and get better along the way. What the hell are we building on Konchesky and Hill? They should be there in particular situations, but never as starters. And what happened to the philosophy of playing young players from our youth systems? Along with our defence average age, its good to mention that Henry is 32, so all in all, our average age is quite high. And that in a team building for the future!

Don't think it's about age ...........When we have a non-existent midfield to go with our inability to hold
    the ball up front, it's just wave after wave of attacks.
    Watching that last night was embarrassing ...it was like a training drill ....defence v attack

Comment

The way we gave the ball away time after time was embarrassing to watch. Modern football philosophy speaks of defending from the front. I agree with you, our midfield is clueless....and this with so many mid fielders at the club!

Comment

I highly doubt Konchesky will play much when the others are fit, Green looks like his on the way out, Henry will probably be replaced by Sandro and yet even with all those older player in the squad according to transfermarkt we are only the 13th oldest team in the Championship.

Comment

Working...
        X