The final substitution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final substitution...

I may be off here, but up 2-1 with time short, why put on a second striker (JET) when we could have used ball control of the game with another midfielder (Faurlin)?

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    I may be off here, but up 2-1 with time short, why put on a second striker (JET) when we could have used ball control of the game with another midfielder (Faurlin)?
    Because our 'manager' is inept at his job perhaps?

Comment

JET could and should have scored. Would there be any plaudits for the substitution thren???? I doubt it somehow.

Comment

The timing for all three was baffling at best and the substitutions cost us the game as you should improve the team with them not make the side worse.

Comment

actually i was way more baffled by the Chery-Doughty substitution in the 55th minute when we were still 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by heatwave View Post
            actually i was way more baffled by the Chery-Doughty substitution in the 55th minute when we were still 1-0.
            me too! Thought we looked quite good on the break with Chery, but Doughty came on far too soon! Shocking sub

Comment

I've not got on Ramsey's back once so far in his tenure but I have to say, the substitutions last night were baffling.

Was Chery injured? If not, taking him off was a huge mistake. Charlie looked knackered for sure but to take him off when he has just scored one then hit the post is just beyond me. And then chucking on an extra striker when we were clinging on in the last 10. I just don't get any of it.

Would have done better to start with a 4-4-2 in my opinion, if they were the 14 players that he wanted to utilise over 90 minutes!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 16-08-2015, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I've not got on Ramsey's back once so far in his tenure but I have to say, the substitutions last night were baffling.

Was Chery injured? If not, taking him off was a huge mistake. Charlie looked knackered for sure but to take him off when he has just scored one then hit the post is just beyond me. And then chucking on an extra striker when we were clinging on in the last 10. I just don't get any of it.

Would have done better to start with a 4-4-2 in my opinion if they were the 14 players that he wanted to utilise over 90 minutes!

My view is he's confused just doesn't know his players , he's been been in control for 6 months and I just cant see any sort of plan or leadership
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 16-08-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Ramsey seems and looks bewildered. We are two matches in and he is so out of his depth. He has always been a bad appointment. He is in his mid fifties and never managed a football league club and has spent years with youth players. I do not know what TF sees in him. We know that he is Les's mate and that Les is all for equal opportunities (which we all are) but appointments like this do not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                    Because Ramsey is recalling on all of his managerial experience when making substitutions.

They don't really change formations during a game in under 8's football.

Comment

Think he needs an experienced head next to him to help out. My mate suggested Gerry Francis last night.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        JET could and should have scored. Would there be any plaudits for the substitution thren???? I doubt it somehow.
                        Exactly. JET scores in the 89th minute (he really should have) and would be a completely different story.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                          Exactly. JET scores in the 89th minute (he really should have) and would be a completely different story.
                          Fine lines.

Could also argue that if Rob Green had been given his marching orders (for an absolute howler that has barely been mentioned on here by the way), then we could have easily lost the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Fine lines.

Could also argue that if Rob Green had been given his marching orders (for an absolute howler that has barely been mentioned on here by the way), then we could have easily lost the game!
                            Fine lines indeed, if Greeno had gone we may have changed to very defensive and Lumley may have saved the shot
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                              No just a different result but the story still reads we were shlt

Comment

Working...
                              X