Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Green

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Abseits
    Gold Seat
    • Aug 2014
    • 5066

    #31
    I think Petr Cech demonstrated last week that goalies are only as good as the defensive unit in front of them. Greeno is a very good keeper who plays behind an often porous, clueless and bewildered defence. Yeah his kicking is error prone but his shot stopping is very solid. If we can get a better keeper in and make/save money too then fair enough let him go.... I'm doubtful we can do that though.

    Comment

    • nasser95
      Gold Seat
      • Dec 2012
      • 7216

      #32
      Originally posted by Abseits
      I think Petr Cech demonstrated last week that goalies are only as good as the defensive unit in front of them. Greeno is a very good keeper who plays behind an often porous, clueless and bewildered defence. Yeah his kicking is error prone but his shot stopping is very solid. If we can get a better keeper in and make/save money too then fair enough let him go.... I'm doubtful we can do that though.
      Same defence last season with Ospina in goal did pretty well tbh. Think he just had a bad game. Same goes for green last week, wouldn't say our defence was particularly bad (konchesky was average at best) but Green's job is to organise his defence and I'm pretty sure this was the first time we had an all English defence in years so he should have done a better job of it. I don't think he is vocal enough but his shot stopping tends to make up for it.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

      Comment

      • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
        Gold Seat
        • Sep 2012
        • 8957

        #33
        So if true, Ramsey lays it out clearly that he'll be number one and he wants to walk? What a great guy.

        As it stands we need him very much, but if we get another keeper who's young & able I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went. Good shot stopper, awful distribution, doesn't inspire the back four from what I see & makes plenty of mistakes. He's good, but not that good as some would have you believe on here.

        Comment

        • Hitman34
          Platinum Seat
          • Jan 2012
          • 13959

          #34
          Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit
          So if true, Ramsey lays it out clearly that he'll be number one and he wants to walk? What a great guy.

          As it stands we need him very much, but if we get another keeper who's young & able I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went. Good shot stopper, awful distribution, doesn't inspire the back four from what I see & makes plenty of mistakes. He's good, but not that good as some would have you believe on here.
          Spot on Rabbit
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

          Comment

          • kenthoop
            Silver Seat
            • Jul 2012
            • 1428

            #35
            We'll see today whether the rumours are true. If he doesn't play then he's off.

            Comment

            • 3London
              Silver Seat
              • Mar 2009
              • 3773

              #36
              Originally posted by kenthoop
              We'll see today whether the rumours are true. If he doesn't play then he's off.
              he has to play we have no one else!

              Comment

              • Hitman34
                Platinum Seat
                • Jan 2012
                • 13959

                #37
                is the southend keeper plaing?
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                Comment

                • HoopDoggyDogg
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 2648

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Hitman34
                  is the southend keeper plaing?
                  Bentley played for Southend, but Smithies was left out of the Huddersfield Squad today due to our interest.

                  Comment

                  • Harryboy
                    Silver Seat
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 4022

                    #39
                    Bentley had a goal scored against him for the first time in ages
                    You Rsssssss

                    Comment

                    • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                      Gold Seat
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 8957

                      #40
                      Has it been mentioned Green should have been sent off yesterday without doubt?

                      Comment

                      • West Acton
                        CCG
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 21475

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit
                        Has it been mentioned Green should have been sent off yesterday without doubt?
                        Crazy what he did and had he stayed box ball would have reached him and he could of caught it

                        No wonder defence has been nervy last few seasons as he's so indecisive you can't predict what he's going to do

                        Comment

                        • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                          Gold Seat
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 8957

                          #42
                          Controversial west but I will say I can't wait for him to go. Fills me with zero confidence. New young keeper please.

                          Comment

                          • bakes8
                            Silver Seat
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 4561

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit
                            Controversial west but I will say I can't wait for him to go. Fills me with zero confidence. New young keeper please.
                            Agree.

                            Comment

                            • oldskoolturk
                              Bronze Seat
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 572

                              #44
                              Originally posted by bakes8
                              Agree.
                              Thirded. Old, expensive, mistake prone and still terrible at kicking

                              Comment

                              • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                                Gold Seat
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 8957

                                #45
                                Originally posted by oldskoolturk
                                Thirded. Old, expensive, mistake prone and still terrible at kicking
                                Pretty much sums it up. I wouldn't be as critical if he was on 15-20k a week but £50,000 reportedly a week. Rubbish for that outlay.

                                Comment

                                Working...