8 Million Fine- FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Million Fine- FFP

according to the mirror...happy with that if true - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...l-fair-6220997

Does the fine count towards P&L as far as this seasons FFP is concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      I presume it can't do, but i don't recall reading that it can be excluded.

£8m would be a good outcome for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        My understanding is it is ringfenced I.e. no it doesn't count mate.

Comment

A sane result if true. The scale of the fine being bandied about (£50 million or more wasn't it people were saying) was ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            My understanding is it is ringfenced I.e. no it doesn't count mate.
            Thank god for that or it might become a yearly occurrence

Comment

We will end up breaking some other rule really getting fed up with our club. Faurlin, Sandro, ffp which is boll ocks but just tired of this club being run like Sunday league
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A far more realistic amount and an outcome a few of us were suggesting when some were ready to top themselves at the thought of £60mil which was never going to happen

£8mil still a lot of dough and I personally would be tempted to still challenge that amount but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  A far more realistic amount and an outcome a few of us were suggesting when some were ready to top themselves at the thought of £60mil which was never going to happen

£8mil still a lot of dough and I personally would be tempted to still challenge that amount but that's just me
                  No, it's not just you West. The fact that they've reduced the fine so much is effectively an admission that the whole system is flawed and not workable. They can do one as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                    No, it's not just you West. The fact that they've reduced the fine so much is effectively an admission that the whole system is flawed and not workable. They can do one as far as I am concerned.
                    My view two Buff I think if we wanted to get off scoff free we could but I suspect were saying to FL you scratch our back and we will scratch yours. Does make sense to do a win win for both parties but for me that would be no more than £5mil and that's top end think £8mil is still OTT unless they say part of it is suspended for if we break again in set period

Comment

Yea, I think you're right and that negotiation is why things are taking so long. Just goes to show that the FL realise that the rules are unenforceable as they are. They are now making it up as they go along.....

Comment

If you guys are looking for some sunday entertainment, can I suggest the forums of Derby, Fulham,Charlton, Brighton,Burnley.....actually try all the Champs teams.
                        Mind you as in the Austin story....remember it's only the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          My view two Buff I think if we wanted to get off scoff free we could but I suspect were saying to FL you scratch our back and we will scratch yours. Does make sense to do a win win for both parties but for me that would be no more than £5mil and that's top end think £8mil is still OTT unless they say part of it is suspended for if we break again in set period
                          Good thoughtful post

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            A sane result if true. The scale of the fine being bandied about (£50 million or more wasn't it people were saying) was ludicrous.
                            I remember some people were convinced we'd get a £50m+ fine. That was never likely to be the outcome. The FL knows full well it would lose the case if it went to court. You can't stop owners investing in their businesses to compete against other businesses.

If the football authorities want fairness, then everyone has to be limited to spending the same amounts on wages and transfers.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Maybe our tight fisted approach to this season is the boards way of showing the powers that be that we've changed our ways and we are going to play ball with FFP - thus getting a lighter fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X